x

Can I set up a payment link where customers can enter an amount to pay (custom amount)?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original]

How can I set up a payment link to have customer choose amount to pay, similar to the way the  donation link set up?

Right now it only says "Item variations must have a fixed price to be sold in your store"

Thank you

Message 1 of 54
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Dropping in to introduce Buyer Entered Payments

Your customers can set their own payment amounts when you use Square Online Checkout links 🎉

If creating the link in-app, the flow starts by heading to Settings > Online checkout > Create link button >

You must select the Collect payments option here, and you'll see Allow buyer to enter amount at the bottom - be sure to toggle this ON in order to allow buyer-entered payments via this checkout link.

You can also create these links from your Square Dashboard starting here > Create checkout link button (top right):

Again, you must select Collect a payment here to view the Allow buyer to set the price option on the next screen:

Check the box next to this line in order to enable this option - voilà! 💫

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 50 of 54
53 REPLIES 53

With Square Register, is it possible, instead of sending an invoice with a specific amount, to send someone a link to your Square account so that they can make a payment in any amount they choose? This would be similar to Square Cash where you can send someone the link cash.me/$cashtagname and they can pay any amount they want.

Message 2 of 54
Square

While we don't currently have that feature in Square Invoices, I can see how that would be useful! I'll share this suggestion with our Product Liaison team, thanks for surfacing this! 

Message 3 of 54

Having this option would really help my business. Even though there are not too many comments on this thread, I see there are many people who have viewed it, I assume looking for this to be an option. Have there been any progress towards making it an option to send a link for payment without a specific amount yet? 

Message 4 of 54

Hello @ics

Currently this feature request isn't on our road map. I will make sure to flag your comment for our Product Team though! 🙂

Message 5 of 54

I agree that this is desperately needed - a simple link that I can send to my clients so they can pay invoices I generate from my own accounting system with a simple URL.  It would be nice if they could enter ANY amount (partial payment), or the full amount.  Now I'm having to use Paypal and I'd rather all of these processing fees go Square where I used to process all of my transactions!

Message 6 of 54

I need this feature too... Please?

Message 7 of 54

Try Paypal for this purpose...very easy for my clients to pay any amount they want with a simple link.  Hope Square gets up to par with Paypal in this regard because I prefer to use Square for everything.

Message 8 of 54

I was working with a non-profit and created a link for our multiple fundraisers super easy via paypal.  I wonder why Sqauare doesnt have that option.  With our work, it would be so helpful to have this feature instead of taking credit cards over the phone and use manual card entry.  

Message 9 of 54

We use PayPal.me for this purpose.  It's a fast and simple URL that isn't tied to an invoice, but gives our customers the ability to make a payment and have it come to the right place. It would be nice to consolidate and just use one provider.

Message 10 of 54

Yes, PayPal offers a minimum amount required, on an invoice. Really hope Square does something similar. 

I've had to make a lot of adjustments,trying to apply payments towards an existing invoice...such a hassle

We need clients to enter in their own amount towards an invoice

Message 11 of 54

I would like to know if this feature does become an option because I'm hoping to be able to use a link so my clients have the opportunity to share with family and friends to help them pay towards their birth. Kind of like a honeymoon and wedding registry only for birth and newborn photography. Is there currently a way to do that through square?

Message 12 of 54

Hello @EMFPhotography!

Currently this feature is not on the road map, but we're still collecting feedback. Right now we don't have the ability to create a registry or an account where multiple people can donate funds to a specific individuals selected items. It's an interesting suggestion that I'll pass along to the Product Team. 

Message 13 of 54

I don’t understand how this option isn’t available yet! With people paying each other and businesses via links, PayPal and Venmo this is quite necessary. I would like my clients who use square to be able to utilize something as simple as a payment link. 

Message 14 of 54

Same, need this feature.

Message 15 of 54

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Can I have a link where my clients pay directly to my square account? Like PayPal.Me

I need my customers can pay through a link. It doesnt work for me to create an invoice because I need that many customers pay through that same link. As in paypal.me

Message 16 of 54
Super Seller Alumni

This is not a feature Square currently offers.  You can make this work by using Jot Forms and linking it to your Square account.

Message 17 of 54

How? Do you have an example or something?

Message 18 of 54

It seems lots of us need this, I just posted virtually the same in Jan 2020. It appears it has been on the drawing board now for at least 1.5 years, that is a long time for nothing to have come about with all these inquiries. I'm bummed, I would rather use square than another vendor for this but can't seem any other option 😕

Message 19 of 54
Admin

I'm sorry for the disappointment @2Beez. We hate to see you go if that's what it's coming down to. 😔 There are so many feature requests that our Product teams receive on a daily basis, and they do their best to prioritize each one. If this feature ever becomes available, we'll update the Community and hopefully you'll get that notification when it happens!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 20 of 54

How do I use my Square to send someone a link so they can send me money for a Gift Card?  Also, how do I allow them to add a tip to the amount?  All I have so far is their phone number.

Message 21 of 54