x

When setting up mobile employees, I receive "Invitation Invalid" when establishing their password

I run a small tech company and have mobile emplyees. Lately for some reason when I create a new mobile employee and send the account invitation to establish a password, when we create their password and submit we receive, "invitation invalid".

We tried to resend the activation email, deactivate, re-add the employees and resend the invitation, but nothing seems to work. 

Have any of you experienced this and if so how were you able to resolve the issue? As stated earlier, this was never a problem in the past. Any help is appreciate. Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

This is happening to me today too!

Message 2 of 7

This just happened to us too. Help please!

Message 3 of 7
Admin

Hey @UrTecPro, @FEP, and @mightybites, thanks for flagging this and I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've been encountering. I went to take a closer look into this and, while I don't have additional information at the moment, I can see that our Engineering Team is actively investigating.

We'll circle back to this post as soon as we have more details. Let us know if anything else comes up.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 7
Admin

Sorry to keep you waiting! I was able to touch base with our Engineering Team and they were able to get this sorted out. Everything should be good to go, but if your mobile staff member is still running into an error message, you'll need to send a new invitation. Hope this helps get you where you need to be.

Apologies for the disruption that this caused and please let us know if anything else comes up.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 5 of 7

After they open the email, it’s still telling them that “something went wrong, you may have to sign in to continue” but yet they are trying to create a password, so how could they sign in?

Message 6 of 7

Hello @mightybites, this sounds like it might be a separate issue. I recommend giving our Support Team a call tomorrow morning so they can take a closer look at this. 

Message 7 of 7