x

Is there a way to bulk edit categories?

I'm wondering if there is a way to bulk edit categories. We enter our inventory in BigCommerce but that does not allow us to enter Square categories. So, we have to go back in to Square and edit each one individually which is time consuming. Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

While we don't have a to edit inventory at a category level, this work around may be helpful to bulk edit your inventory. Using the Import/Export tool, you can bulk edit your inventory and alert thresholds. Follow the steps below:

# Sign in to your dashboard and click Items.
# If you’re using multiple locations, navigate to the location specific library you’d like to modify. To do so, click an item in your library>click Select a Location under Inventory > Go.
# Click Export Inventory from the drop-down menu.
# Update the values under Alert Threshold and New Quantity>save the CSV report.
# Drag and drop your saved file to the Import Inventory window>click Upload.
# Click Confirm Import > Done.

The Import Inventory .CSV is only for adjusting alert thresholds and new inventory quantities and not for modifying items. To edit your item library using the Import tool, use the Import Items CSV.

Hope that helps! 

Message 2 of 7

Thanks for responding, although I'm not sure that addresses categories. The exported inventory does not show the categories at all. Am I missing something?

Message 3 of 7
Square

Hi @meredithk, sorry if I didn't make that clear! We currently do not have a way to bulk edit categories but if you need to bulk edit inventory by item, the steps above should help! 

Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

We still need this function! During my last website sync it added at least 30 of each category with no items tied to it. So now I have[redacted] categories to delete and only the ability to do this One By One...

Message 5 of 7

I, too, am looking for a way to bulk edit categories. Any update making this possible?

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hello @sandypoint

Welcome to our Seller Community! You can bulk edit online Items, categories, and coupons, as shown here. However, we cannot bulk edit Items in the Square POS system. 

I hope this helps! 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 7 of 7