x

How do I receive a payment

How do I receive a payment

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 59
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello @mabaytops, welcome to the Seller Community! 🎉

There are a few different ways to accept a payment with Square! The most common way is to swipe or dip a card. Once you've downloaded the Square Point of Sale App on your mobile device, just follow these steps: 

• Open the Point of Sale App.
  • From here enter the amount for the sale. 
  • Then tap charge in the top right corner.  
  • Then you can either swipe or dip a chip card. 

From here the customer will sign for the transaction and choose a method for a receipt. Then thats it!  

If you still have questions just reply back to this thread. I will keep an eye out for your repsonse. 😃

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 59
58 REPLIES 58

Best Answer

Hello @mabaytops, welcome to the Seller Community! 🎉

There are a few different ways to accept a payment with Square! The most common way is to swipe or dip a card. Once you've downloaded the Square Point of Sale App on your mobile device, just follow these steps: 

• Open the Point of Sale App.
  • From here enter the amount for the sale. 
  • Then tap charge in the top right corner.  
  • Then you can either swipe or dip a chip card. 

From here the customer will sign for the transaction and choose a method for a receipt. Then thats it!  

If you still have questions just reply back to this thread. I will keep an eye out for your repsonse. 😃

Message 2 of 59

Is there a way to accept ACH payments in Square?

Message 3 of 59

I have a client that pays yearly and would like to do a direct deposit into my account.  Is there a way to have a routing and account number to provide them with?

Message 4 of 59

Is there a way to offer a client a routing & account number for them to electronic pay an invoice fro me..  I have a client that prefers to direct deposit into their vendor accounts?

Message 5 of 59
Square Community Moderator

Hey @asnell,

We process payments when you take them through us either manually or though a reader/register and deposit them into whatever linked bank account you have linked with us after taking a processing fee.

Direct wires would have to be figured out between you and your customer directly through your bank or a money transfer application. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 59

If I billed & emailed the invoice and the customer paid it. How do I receive it into my account? I can't find it. 

Message 7 of 59
Admin

@bethya When you customer pays the invoice the funds will automatically be deposited to your linked bank account within 1-2 business days, according to the deposit schedule. If you haven't already, can then view your deposit (either pending or completed) from your online Square Dashboard

If you have any other questions about this let me know! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 8 of 59

I have created an invoice.  The customer is paying with cash.  How do I post the payment so that it refects the invoice as PAID?

Message 9 of 59
Alumni

Hi @ShermanBoosters - You can mark it Paid in your app or on your online Dashboard.

From your app: Invoices > Select invoice you want to mark > Take Payment > Cash

From your Dashboard: Invoices > Select invoice you want to mark > More > Mark As Paid > Cash

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 10 of 59

I also billed a client about 10 days ago and it says it was paid but it hasnt been deposited to my account yet?? Any idea why?

Message 11 of 59

Sorry to hear about the trouble.

Unfortunately we can’t address your account specific issues here in the community, as it’s a public forum. 

Reach out to our Support Team and they can take a look at the payment with you. 

Message 12 of 59

Is the point of sale app different than the dashboard app?  I see where I can "send your First Invoice"..... but don't see where I can simply enter an amount that needs to be paid to then swipe the card.

Message 13 of 59
Super Seller

yes Square POS is the app you want to use for charging a customer for a transaction.

Message 14 of 59

Hi @Suzi1 and welcome to the Seller Community. 

@VanKalkerFarms is correct here, as you'll want to use the Point of Sale app for payments and the Dashboard app to view reporting & analytics on the go. 

Clicking on "Point of Sale" in the side menu will bring up the screen where you can enter an amount to charge. Be sure to tap the grid icon on the bottom of the screen to bring up the correct screen. 

Message 15 of 59

I have an account with square and I am trying to process a credit card payment from a customer.  I have all the CC information but I keep going back to a debit card transaction

Message 16 of 59

I am trying to post a payment from a CC from a customer I have all the CC information

Message 17 of 59

I do not physically have the card or do I have a card reader I have all the information to process the payment I just don't know where to go on square to post the payment and information

Message 18 of 59
Alumni

HI @tm25532553 - If you have the card information, you can enter the payment via Virtual Terminal. Please note that manually entered payments have a different fee. You can find a list of our fees, broken down by payment type at What Are Square's Fees?.

Puka - She/They
Message 19 of 59

Still trying to receive a payment without swaping the card.

Message 20 of 59
Alumni

Hi @01 - Did you follow the steps in the link that I included in my answer above on how enter a card manually through Virtual Terminal? If you are attempting to enter it manually through the app, this thread has more information.

Puka - She/They
Message 21 of 59