x

How do I collect name and address of customers at point of sale?

We use Square to process donations for our nonprofit organization, so we need to easily full name and address of people who give us money through Square (generally on a tablet/phone at an event). However, so far it only collects First Name and Last Initial. Is there a way to change settings to collect address and full name?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Not fast but the way I've been doing it is after the sale, you can click on customer's then select the customer you want and you can then edit the information to include full name, phone number, address, etc..

I can do it after they leave because they have to fill out a welcome form with that info anyway but may be a time killer if you are processing many people quickly.

Hope that helps.

Steve

Message 2 of 7
Admin

Welcome to the Seller Community @blaurenz and thanks for the great answer @GSB_Steve!

@blaurenz I just wanted to let you know that there is more information about adding customer information to your directory in our Support Center. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to reach out or start a new thread! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 7

When my customers check out their name, email and phone number are collected and credit card info is collected. How do I add a section so that the customers address is collected as well?

Message 4 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @TexEd

I've moved your post over to this existing thread that touches on the same subject. 

At the time of the sale, you're able to add a customer to the sale itself. When you add a customer for the first time you'll be able to fill in the preset fields for information, one of which is an address. 

Check out this article for steps on how to do this from the Point of Sale app: 

Manage Your Customer Directory from the Square App

Message 5 of 7

The title of this post has been edited by a moderator.

In my business, at the time of contract signing, we take a deposit/retainer. Final payment is taken upon delivery.

I often find it difficult to find their initial payment because I don’t know how to label or add a contact name to the payment. Is there a way to attach their name to the deposit?

Is that even possible?

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Welcome @ArtSpot

I moved your question to this existing thread that answers your question and includes some helpful links with instructions on how to add a customer to a sale.

Write us back if any other questions come up!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 7 of 7