x

Is there a way to change my message to my return policy on the invoices and keep it that way?

Every time I create an invoice it automatically says "We appreciate your business" in the message portion. I would like it to always say my return policy. Is this possible or to I have to change it every time I create an invoice?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 20
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello @brandy_ABG

Selecting a default message has been moved to the settings tab for Invoices. When you're viewing the Invoices tab, select Settings > Invoice Defaults. From there you can edit your default message. I added a screenshot below for reference. 

View Best Answer >

Message 18 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Following! Very good question and I would like to learn what the Square people have to say! I could also use this info!

Message 2 of 20
Square

UPDATE: We now offer this ability! See Spenser's post above for more details.

Previously: We don't have a way to save your custom return policy in place of the "We appreciate your business message" but I have heard this request before and absolutely see how that would save time! We're actively working to improve invoices, so I'll be sharing your feedback with our product liaison team.

In the meantime, if you'd like to send the same invoice to a different email address or customer:

1. From your online Square Dashboard, visit the Invoices tab.
2. Click the invoice you'd like to duplicate. 
3. Click More > Duplicate

Message 3 of 20

When invoices are created, the "Message" box has a standard message "We appreciate your business."

I almost always forget to modify it for my needs.

Is there a way to edit the template for my account to change that standard text into my custom text?  That way, it will always say what I would like it to say.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 20
Square

Check out the info above! This work around may work for you. 😀

Message 5 of 20

What workaround? I also need the message to be customized for me so I don't have to change it EVERY SINGLE TIME I send an invoice. You didn't give a workaround, you gave a way to send an identical invoice to another customer. Doesn't help. I work alone, and "WE" appreciate your business doesn't apply. "I appreciate your business" would work. Or maybe  Square could change the words to "Thank you for your business".

Message 6 of 20

She's saying that you can create a base invoice and duplicate that one invoice when you're sending it to a new customer, which save the original text you've replaced the generic message with.  I do this occasionally.  

Message 7 of 20
Beta Member

Following!  I am desperate to change this as well!

Message 8 of 20

Sounds like this could be as easy as adding another field to the account business information.

Message 9 of 20

Has there been a solution to editing this field yet? I'm having to copy and paste my terms and conditions with every invoice that I send

Message 10 of 20
Square

There is actually, @Chotzy. This field now has the option to save a new default message. When you edit the text, the option to save the new text will appear above the comment box. 

Hope that helps! 

Message 11 of 20

Does it need to be done from a computer? I use my phone and I cannot for the life of me find where to save it at. I'm using the Point of Sale app

Message 12 of 20
Square

Ah, good question, @Chotzy. That's correct; the custom Message field is only available when sending Invoices from your Dashboard

We're still working on bringing all the same features together when it comes to sending and managing Invoices from the Point of Sale app, so I'll update again if this changes. Thanks again!

Message 13 of 20

What about Receipt?  Custom message and Return Policy are not being saved on the Receipt.

Message 14 of 20
Square

Hi @TimG and sorry to hear about the trouble! You should definitely be able to save custom text or a return policy. Did you make sure and click the blue "Save" button in the bottom right after making your changes? What browser are you using? Have you tried from a different browser? We normally recommend Google Chrome - it's pretty zippy. Let me know! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 15 of 20

Sean....thanks for your reply.  It seems that the "Save" button was being hidden by a small software install box.  It was there all the time, but I couldn't see it.  I made the changes and saw the Save button this time. Ugh.

Message 16 of 20

That Save as Default box does not appear when I save a new message.  I am using Chrome browser as advised.  Has this feature been eliminated??  I would really like to use it.

Message 17 of 20

Best Answer

Hello @brandy_ABG

Selecting a default message has been moved to the settings tab for Invoices. When you're viewing the Invoices tab, select Settings > Invoice Defaults. From there you can edit your default message. I added a screenshot below for reference. 

Message 18 of 20

I customized my invoice and when I go to create a new invoice it does not pick up all my changes.  My customized comments don't show up anywhere.

Message 19 of 20

Hello @nancybtenn, welcome to the Seller Community! I've moved your post to this thread, because a few other sellers had a similar question. 

Custom text created on the receipt page will only be applied on receipts. For invoices you will have to add the custom text into the message section when creating an invoice. If you want to have the same text sent on every invoice you can save it as a default message. Check out @Spenser's answer on the first page of this thread for an example! 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 😃

Message 20 of 20