x

Card reader which we usually leave connected via usb just will not connect

So we have the aquare stand, ipad, usb printer all which are working fine. All of a sudden the card reader which we usually leave connected via usb just will not connect. I have ran through all the troubleshooting steps and still can not get it to work.

I have discovered however that when I connect the ipad to my cell phones mobile hot spot it works fine, but when i connect the ipad to our regular wifi network it does not work at all.

Are there certain settings on the ipad wifi connection that are preventing the reading for connecting properly?

your help is much appreciated!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Not sure why this thread chose its own title, I didnt pick that title for the thread! Thats not really our issue.

Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

your regular internet must be acting up somehow as the chip card reader needs to be connected to the internet to work, so maybe it is having an issue with timing out on the connection to Square.  Ping times can be related to timeout issues even if the download speeds are fast.

But for the best troubleshooting, you should call support and they can troubleshoot and see more information on your account as you switch internet sources maybe.

You'll need your customer code to call.  Follow the instructions below on how to get it.

https://squareup.com/help/contact

Click “More”

Click "I don't see my issue"

Click "Call Support"

Write down your Customer Code

Call 1  855  700  6000

Message 3 of 3