x

How do I delete a location?

How do I delete a location?

How do I delete a location that is inactive?

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: How do I delete a location?

I am frustrated with the location option. I am the owner and some how I am listed as the location. Now I cannot see my inventory or update my inventory. I am afraid to deactivate location for myself because I am concerned I may lose everything. All I want to do is see my inventory and update it.

Verified Answer

Re: How do I delete a location?

While we don't currently offer the ability to delete a location completely, you are able to deactivate any of your locations directly from your Square Dashboard. You can also reactivate your location at anytime, so you don't have to worry about accidentally disabling a location. 

I'll be sure to send your feedback about having this functionality over to our Product Liaison Team. 

138 Comments

Is there a way to shut off and permanently delete multiple locations yet? If not, when will this be an option? I turned it on by mistake, and want to go back to single location for inventory management. 

Square

While we don't currently offer the ability to delete a location completely, you are able to deactivate any of your locations directly from your Square Dashboard. You can also reactivate your location at anytime, so you don't have to worry about accidentally disabling a location. 

I'll be sure to send your feedback about having this functionality over to our Product Liaison Team. 

Square

Check out the information above for your locations. 

As far as inventory goes, you can still track all of your inventory by each of your individual locations. Follow the steps below. 

- Sign in to your dashboard and click Items
- Navigate the location-specific library by clicking an item in your library > click Select a Location under Inventory > Go

I am frustrated with the location option. I am the owner and some how I am listed as the location. Now I cannot see my inventory or update my inventory. I am afraid to deactivate location for myself because I am concerned I may lose everything. All I want to do is see my inventory and update it.

I am also struggling with "locations".  Our first few charges were at an event we did, so I setup a location.  Now I can't get rid of it.  Everytime I go into the Dashboard, it's the default.  I have to REMEMBER to change it everytime, even though I'll never use that location again.

If there was some way to at least make the non-location location the default that would be EXTREMELY helpful.  Right now, my location (that I no longer want) comes up for every area of the site.  Make a new item?  I have to delete it and then change the location.  Make an invoice, why do my "items" not show up...?  Oh, I'm in that wrong location again.

This is a real issue for me thus far.

What is the status of this "feature request"?  To remove locations completely.  (Or at least HIDE them from the dashboard entirely...)

Admin

Hey @StingrayTravel, thanks for flagging and sorry to hear about the confusion this has been causing. For now, you'll need to continue to select the location in your dashboard before taking certain actions. 

While I don't have access to a timeline for any changes, I will be sharing your experience with our product liaison team. Thanks for your patience as we work to make this better.

As I understand it, once you have created multiple locations, you are unable to delete them and return to a single location. Can anyone tell me why this is the case? Is it anything Square is willing to change?

Being new to the set up process and having one property with several buildings, I got mixed up in how I was supposed to be entering in my information. I mistakenly used each building on site as a location instead of category. Now, I have 7 locations that weren't really a location to begin with and it is cluttering up my dashboard. I would really like to get rid of these. 

Is it something I can have a Square rep do?

We have this same problem... please... PLEASE fix it!

Come on now, 3 months????? Solution Please.