x
Super Seller

Square Register Customer facing screen signing

I am using the new square register with the customer facing screen. I have several stylus pens that I offer for customers to sign on screen. However, these do not seem to work very well. Often customers switch to their finger to sign. 

Is there a specific or recommended stylus I could get for this purpose? The register works so well, and all of my customers are very impressed with it, but this is the only problem that makes a bad impression on the sale experience. If I could correct this one small issue, the checkout experience for my customers would be awesome!!

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Update: Good news - some sellers have found the following styluses effective with Square Register:

Stylus single-pack 
Stylus multipack

As stylus pens can also prevent employees from touching the screen directly you might want to consider a stylus multipack to avoid cross-sharing between team members. Also consider cleaning each stylus periodically with a disinfectant.

We've shared additional information about Products to Help you take Payments on our Business Resources board.

I hope you're all well. Stay safe. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Alumni

Hey @HC_Charlie - Really interesting feedback here! The Square Register currently doesn't support the use of a stylus so I'm not able to suggest one that might be compatible. Do you mind sharing your thoughts around the customer using a stylus vs. their finger to sign?

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 11
Super Seller

Even when I use Square on my phone if Im doing a fair or show away from the store, I like to offer customers a little stylus pen to sign or input their text or email. Some customers (and people in general) might not like the idea of touching someone elses phone (screen). Offering a stylus instead of making a person use their fingers is a courtesy, I think. So I'd like to continue to offer that on the Square register as well, but the cheap stylus I use doesn't work well....I was blaming the stylus but maybe that isn't the issue?

Message 3 of 11
Alumni

Gotcha. Thanks for taking the time to share your insight! I can see why a stylus would be helpful for your customers and I can definitely pass on your feedback to our Register team.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 4 of 11

I agree with the idea that people would prefer to be able to use a stylus.  There are those that don't like to touch where others have touched and then there's the idea that nobody's signature with their finger looks anythiing like their signature with a writing instrument.

Message 5 of 11
Admin

Best Answer

Update: Good news - some sellers have found the following styluses effective with Square Register:

Stylus single-pack 
Stylus multipack

As stylus pens can also prevent employees from touching the screen directly you might want to consider a stylus multipack to avoid cross-sharing between team members. Also consider cleaning each stylus periodically with a disinfectant.

We've shared additional information about Products to Help you take Payments on our Business Resources board.

I hope you're all well. Stay safe. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 6 of 11

Does anyone know of a stylus pen that works with this terminal? The amazon reviews of the suggested pens aren't too favorable for use with the square terminal. I am considering buying this terminal but won't if I can't use a pen on it. This is especially relevant now with covid for clients that can't tap...

Message 7 of 11
Super Seller

I gave up trying to find a stylus that would properly write or input on the screen. My solution was to turn off requiring signatures, and then I just offer to print a receipt for them. If they want to type their own email or phone to text a receipt some people still will do this. I just try to keep the screen cleaned between users. But I agree, a stylus would be most convenient.

Message 8 of 11
Beta Member

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Square Register - Stylus (Pen or Pencil) for Customer Signatures?

I have a lot of custromers (around 75%) that are wanting or expecting some kind of stylus to sign with. I know a finger works. But at thew same time, a $1K POS system should have included one by now IMO.

Anyeone have any luck or used a specific one?

Message 9 of 11
Admin

@TheTechMonkey Just to let you know I've merged your post into this thread where we are tracking this request! Hopefully another seller can share here if they've had any success with a particular stylus.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 10 of 11

Why should we rely user suggestions when SQUARE should provide a compatible stylus with the over 1 K setup --- VERY POOR to not have a solution 

Message 11 of 11