x

Point of Sale: I processed a refund but my customer does not see it in their account.

I had a credit card sale that I refunded immediately , now customer says it didn’t refund.  I think it did, but is there a way to prove whether or not it did?

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for getting in touch here, @Joshh1971. Sorry for the confusion on this refund—we can't access and share payment-specifics in our online forums for privacy purposes, but I have some general information that may help set expectations with your customer: Refund Timeline. Depending on the bank's processing speeds, it can take 2-7 business days for them to post the refund after it was completed by Square.

If you'd like to have a team member take a closer look at this specific payment, please get in touch with our Customer Success team. They'll get back to you with a definitive status update as soon as possible.

Hope this helps clear things up. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for getting in touch here, @Joshh1971. Sorry for the confusion on this refund—we can't access and share payment-specifics in our online forums for privacy purposes, but I have some general information that may help set expectations with your customer: Refund Timeline. Depending on the bank's processing speeds, it can take 2-7 business days for them to post the refund after it was completed by Square.

If you'd like to have a team member take a closer look at this specific payment, please get in touch with our Customer Success team. They'll get back to you with a definitive status update as soon as possible.

Hope this helps clear things up. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 2 of 4

I appreciate the info...... I am pretty sure it refunded, and was thinking maybe customer is trying to pull a fast one, however if their bank takes time to refund, that could be the issue, as it was on the 11th this transaction occurred.  Thanks again for the help.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Anytime—let us know if anything else comes up! 💯

️ Tom | he/him
Message 4 of 4