x

Square POS API for Web app?

Is it possible to use Square POS for the web?

For example, I have a node.js application and I'd like to be able to use the Square POS API to handle in person credit card transactions within this application 

In the docs I only see POS API's for iOS and Android. 

If not what's the best way to handle something like this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Message 2 of 4

Thanks @samweber.

I'm actually handling all online transactions perfectly fine and I'm not looking to change this :).

I'm looking for a way to ONLY handle POS with Square.

So, say you're at a brick and mortar store. You're looking to buy something from the store. Upon checkout, I'd like to know if there is a way to navigate out of my web app, use Square POS to charge the credit card, and then return to my app.

AFAIK, this workflow is only possible through a iOS or Android native App. (Not even possible with React Native AFAIK). I'm wondering if this mobile flow is possible through the web. If it's not, then I think the only way to solve this is through mobile (obviously)

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey @mdotm, thanks for bringing this up.

I'm not 100% sure if this would be a solution for you, but you may be interested in our 

Virtual Terminal option. Also, if you haven't had the chance already, check out Square Connect's Stack Overflow page. It's been a great resource for our developer community, and there's already a ton of questions that have been answered there.

Hope this helps get you in the right direction.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 4