x

What is the logo file size for Digital Receipts?

Anyone know the logo file size for digital receipts?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square

Here are the requirements for logo images: 

- A PNG, GIF, or JPG file
- Square in dimension – between 280 x 280 pixels and 1000 x 1000 pixels

Does this help? 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 10

I've tried resizing my logo three different times, well below the 200x200 pixel dimensions suggested, and it's still too big for the frame on the receipt. Anyone know if the image can be manipulated to fit the space at the top of the receipt once its uploaded? I'm not a complete noob to Photoshop etc. but this one's got me stumped!  

cheers~!

Message 3 of 10
Admin

Hey @Kingfisher_Farm, thanks for getting in touch. There isn't currently an option to edit the receipt image once it is uploaded. If you've already sized down the logo and you're still getting the error message, please contact our Support Team. They'll be able to take a closer look at what's causing the issue.

Sorry for the trouble and thanks for your patience — we'll get to the bottom of this ASAP. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 10

I edited the image before uploading it & the full image is still not appearing, it is cut off.

Message 5 of 10
Alumni

That doesn't sound normal, @tamethatspace, I'm sorry about that. 

Maybe the size or dimensions are a slightly off, can you share more about the file type and size of the logo you're trying to upload to the receipt page on your Dashboard? This will help me better look into this for you. 

Message 6 of 10

Hi, better to use a package like Canva and upload your image in. It's free and you can choose custom dimensions then download the finished article - I used 300px x 300px successfully on both logo types.

Message 7 of 10

Yes exactly the same, I'm going beserk trying to load the logo. I can't seem to find the free canva link either.

It does seem to be a common problem for a lot of Square users, is this something that is now rectified or do Square have to upload the logos please ?

Message 8 of 10
Admin

@USam I'm sorry for the frustration this has caused! If you're still having trouble keep in mind the logo file should be at minimum 200 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall, and it must be one of the file types mentioned above PNG, GIF, or JPG.

Don't hesitate to call our Customer Success team if you're still having trouble, there might be something we're overlooking here and when you call the CS team can cover all the bases and help you upload your logo!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 9 of 10

The problems people were reporting in 2017 with logos getting stretched/scaled are still a problem today.

I've been in touch with three different people at Square support who have tried to fix our logo and it's still mangled.

The first two people gave different resolution advice. I tried everything. At least 200px width. Exactly 200px width. More than 4000px width. Exactly 4000px width. These were all suggestions from Square support.

Now, to be fair, the third support person is still looking into it. 

If you look at the image that Square stores in S3 it is mangled as part of the upload process. This isn't a CSS scaling issue. It's not constraining the image in a too-small <div>. Square is mangling the image at the time of upload and serving up the mangled file.

If customer support has another way to upload logo images then they can fix this. If they have to use the broken logo uploader then they won't have any luck.

Message 10 of 10