x

WooCommerce PlugIn Help

Hey! I've been trying to connect the square app to WooCommerce to manage my inventory, but every time I update my inventory manually in Square, or I make a Square sale in store, it majorly affects my inventory. The numbers continue to grow exponentially in the negative or positive. I can't seem to get the two components to interact with one another in a smooth way. This means that I'm mannually keeping record of inventory and updating it all of the time. 

I've tried entering the numbers through WooCommerce and through Square. When I enter them through WooCommerece, they transfer to square properly, but as soon as one of my devices makes a sale in store and change the iventory in Square or I add or subtract inventory manually in square, it goes all wonky again. Any advice?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square

@BLoFISH - Welcome to the Seller Community, we're happy to have you! Also, so sorry to hear about the trouble! Your inventory should definitely be syncing over with out a hitch. In fact, from the time you activate the integration, a scheduled event automatically polls the inventory from Square and updates your WooCommerce on an hourly basis.

Do the SKUs on your WooCommerce site and within Square match? 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 11

Sean. Yes. We are using SKU numbers that are specific to the product. I even deleted and uploaded everything new on Saturday, but I still have some products multiplying on their own. 

Message 3 of 11
Square

@BLoFISH - Thanks for the follow up. Since you are using an integration, it is probably best to start the troubleshooting process by reaching out to WooCommerce first. Have you already had a chance to connect with their Support Team to report the issue? 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 4 of 11

I will check with them, but the problems seems to be starting on the square side of the integration. It only happensn when inventory is entered through square. If it's modified through Woo Commerce, it seems to function smoothly. I will definetly contact them as well. 

Message 5 of 11
Square

@BLoFISH - If they don't have any suggestions let me know, and then we can collect some more details and connect with our engineering team. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 6 of 11

Hello. I just wanted to write back and say that I've talked with WooCommerce. Since I submitted a support ticket with them, the problem has expanded from the location that shares online sales to a location that is not connected to WooCommerce in any capacity. I'm thinking it is an issue with Square Inventory. Today I updated the numbers manually for some items and when I came back 20 minutes later, all of those items were showing 0 for the inventory at all locations. For some reason, it's just having issues when I go in and manually update inventory numbers through the items dashboard. 

Message 7 of 11
Square

@BLoFISH - Thanks for looping back. Are they still looking into this for you? It definitely sounds like an issue on the back end. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 8 of 11

They are, but as I've said, I've started having inventory problems with otehr locations that are in no way connected to WooCommerce. 

Message 9 of 11
Square

@BLoFISH - It sounds like we'll need to open a case with our engineering team ASAP then! Can you please give us a call so a supporter can make a detailed report to them? 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 10 of 11
Square

@BLoFISH - Were you able to get in touch? Want to make sure the ball is rolling! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 11 of 11