x

Can you get a total value of inventory?

Because I'm updating a business insurance policy, I'm Looking for the total value of my inventory is (entered in square). Seems like it should be an easy report.  How would I get this number?  Is this a report offered?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 18
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

You can export a spreadsheet of your items from here.  https://squareup.com/dashboard/items/library

You could then add a column that multiplies the price (column G) of the item times the quantity of the item (column I)and then use SUM to add that column to get a total retail price of your items on hand.

That isn't the cost of goods on hand though that is the Retail value.  So you need to check what your insurance agent wants.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

How do I calculate inventory ($) amount to add to balance sheet in quickbooks online? 

I use sync with square

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 18
Square

@Dibea1 - Welcome to the Seller Community, and kudos for your first post! As far as an answer goes, it may be best to check in with Quickbooks on this one. Here is a link to their Support Center. Hope this helps!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 3 of 18

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How do I calculat inventory for my balance sheet in Quickbooks online?

I believe the OP was asking (as I am now) how to find the total value of our inventory so that we can put it on our balance sheet. We know how to use QB, just need to know what our inventory total is. How do we do this?

Message 4 of 18
Admin

Hi @BarbaraShobe, thanks for following up on this.

You might not have see it but another seller has workarounds to calculate your inventory in a separate thread.

I've merged your post here to help keep the Community organized. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 18
Super Seller

Best Answer

You can export a spreadsheet of your items from here.  https://squareup.com/dashboard/items/library

You could then add a column that multiplies the price (column G) of the item times the quantity of the item (column I)and then use SUM to add that column to get a total retail price of your items on hand.

That isn't the cost of goods on hand though that is the Retail value.  So you need to check what your insurance agent wants.

Message 6 of 18
Super Seller Alumni

I belive the missing ingredient is Cost of Goods Sold (COGS).  Square doesn't track that.

If you have a really simple set of items, just export an inventory sreadsheet and then create a column for COGS.  You'll need to manually enter what you paid per unit on each row then multiply by the QTY.

If you have a vast or complicated set of items, check out Shopventory: https://squareup.com/dashboard/apps/41

Message 7 of 18
Super Seller Alumni

Square just announced "Square for Retail" which seems like a completely separate app.  It includes COGS.  You can read about it here: https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How-To/Product-Update-Introducing-Square-for-Retail/m-p...

$60/mo per device (I have 6 devices) seems really steep though.

Message 8 of 18

Hi there,

Is there a way to pull the value of our retail items that are listed in square?  I would think it would be easy for them to create a report for this, but the only way i can find to do it is to export everything, then import to a spreadsheet app and create a formula to do all this.. Anyone have an easier way, or coudl square create a report on this?

Message 9 of 18
Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Inventory report

Hello @Keithppp! I've moved your post to this thread where other sellers have shared how they calculate this using Square Point of Sale.

I see you've mentioned previously that you don't use Square for Retail but that app also includes a Projected Profit report, from which you can calculate your total inventory. There is a 30-day free trial for Square for Retail if you'd like to check it out.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 10 of 18

Does anyone have an easy way to figure the cost of items in yoru inventory in square (not the retail app).  I wish there was a report that I could pull.

Message 11 of 18
Admin

@Keithppp I'm sorry there isn't a single report for this. I'm adding your post to another thread where you can read a workaround shared by another seller. I hope this helps in the meantime.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 12 of 18

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How do I get a total dollar inventory report?

How do I get a total dollar amount of my inventory on a report?

Message 13 of 18
Admin

Hello @MaggieMae18! I've added your post to this thread where you can see VanKalkerFarm's answer to this question. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 14 of 18
Super Seller Alumni

So I have created a spread sheet to do this for me.  I don't have a ton of items, 1000 or so.  Here is a link to my Square Reports I have been building with Google Sheets.  If you use Google Sheets you can make a copy for yourself.  There is a tab called "Inventory Cost Value". In this sheet, I have my Item Name, Category, SKU, and Cost.  The rest of the columns don't touch they are automatic.  Once you have all your data built into that sheet you can they export your items list from Square and then copy and paste or import it into the "Inventory cost Import" Tab. Once you do that go back to the "Inventory Cost Value" Tab and you will see your cost figures.  If you have more than one location it will figure the cost per location and total cost of goods.

This is an easy thing to do you just have to make sure you keep your Inventory Cost Value sheet updated with your inventory items and there cost.

Message 15 of 18

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: I would like to get a dollar amount (total) on my inventory. How do I do that on square?

I would like to get a dollar amount on my inventory in Square. How do I do that without calculating each item?

Message 16 of 18

Any help would be appreciated!

Message 17 of 18
Admin

@Suzilu So sorry for the late reply!

I'm moving your post to this thread (see page 1 and page 2) where some other sellers have shared how they caculate the value of their inventory. Hope this is helpful! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 18 of 18