x

Feature request for Invoices: Inventory is updated when an invoice is created (not when it is paid)

Feature request for Invoices: Inventory is updated when an invoice is created (not when it is paid)

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Square invoices now syncs with Square Inventory

Thanks for adding this feature, but I agree with TomLittle above.  The feature is not usable until there is a way to reduce the inventory on CREATION of the invoice.

The whole point of having inventory tracking is to know how much you have left to sell.  You can't have an accurate idea if inventory that is actually "sold" is still included in the "available" category.

Please complete this functionality ASAP.   

3 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Feature request for Invoices: Inventory is updated when an invoice is created (not when it is pa

It's a money grab it's never going to happen it hasn't happened in all these years and years and years. we know it works in other systems.  Square wants the invoice to be paid, so they get their cut, which is fine but give us the ability to take it out of inventory.  You're biting off your nose to spite your face.

Verified Answer

Re: Feature request for Invoices: Inventory is updated when an invoice is created (not when it is pa

So you mean to tell me that Square did all this work on INVOICES and didn't work on the Invoicing and Inventory issue with people SCREAMING FOR YEARS to have inventory reduced after invoice is created.  You have got to be kidding me.  I've been patient, but have had enough.  GET SOMEONE THAT CAN MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!  THIS IS ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE AT THIS POINT.  PRETTY MUCH STUPIDITY.  Adding all the fluff that we don't need is crazy.  WE NEED THIS INVOICE ABILITY NOW!!!!!!   Get the word to anyone and everyone.  Post their emails so we can bombard them directly.  I feel our voices are NOT BEING HEARD!!!  We want answers.

Verified Answer

Re: Stock Counts Not Changing Upon Invoicing

Items added to invoices won't decrement inventory until the invoice is paid, not when it's created. From Dashboard, make to enable Inventory Management for Invoices within Items > Settings so stock amounts reflect accurately with each Invoice sale. 

@blessednaildiva

217 Comments

@Chad,

For invoicing it is all Business to Business transactions.  We have a NET 30 term for our invoices, so we will deliver the product and they have 30 days to pay.  On average it takes 19 days for our customers to pay us.  Our products are perishable so once it is sold it can not come back to us.  This is the reason why our inventory needs to be reduced when the invoice is created.  

I found a way to make this happen with the current Square invoicing.  If you select "Manually Deliver" for the invoice, the "Send" button changes to "Mark as Paid"  I can then select the payment option of "Other" and then enter "Net 30"  We actually do our invoicing through a seperate system, and are using Square for our online payment gateway and POS.  But being able to also run invoice purchases through helps with maintaining our inventory.  It isn't the best solution but it works for now.  

Thanks

Thank you for providing some context on why you would want this feature. After hearing your flow for orders it makes sense why you would want this option. 

The level of detail that you've provided really helps us see how we could improve the product through your perspective. I've gone ahead and made sure to flag your comment for our Invoices Team! 

Like to add our company to the list of those who really do need this feature to update inventory when an invoice is sent. Like everyone else, we have to wait for payment from our distributors. Also, since we are in the wine business this is doubly onerous for us since our inventory drives excise taxes.

Any update on this feature?  It's going on 6 months now.

Like others, we really, really need this inventory feature to work.  Inventory has to be reduced as soon as an invoice is created and thus inventory is allocated to a customer.   At this point the inventory is gone, when the invoice gets paid is a whole other matter and is irrelevant to inventory. 

This should not be that complex of a fix.  

We're still tracking your feedback @BeeCraft & @JHruby

If we have any updates we will make sure to share them on the thread. If this feature becomes available we will make another thread to announce the update. 

Really Chad??????  People keep telling you we need this, it would seem to be a fairly simple addition to let the user change when the inventory is relieved when invoicing.

Hello @tomlittle8345, please rest assured we've documented the 6 requests made on this thread.

I agree with you this would be a great feature for a number of businesses, but there are a lot of factors that come into consideration when it comes to building a feature request. For example time to build, allocation of engineers, cost, and demand. Also there are unpredicatble variables we have to take into account like bugs and outages, which effect work flow. Not to mention new feature requests will be at the back of the line, since our Engineering Team is working on a number of projects already. 

We hear you when it comes to feature requests, but implementing them does take some time. 

Hi, I could also really use this feature. I sell wholesale to some businesses with Net 30 terms. When I deliver their items, that's it, they're gone. I really need to see them subtracted from my inventory, or it's kind of useless. Whether the wholesale customer has paid or not is not really relevant to how much inventory I have left. I need to know when my inventory is low as soon as it's gone, not 30 days later when the customer pays me. 

Admin

Thanks for your post @dancingbee and sharing how you'd ideally use this feature for your business. 

Has there been any update on this request?  The ability to have inventory deplete upon invoice, not upon payment, is necessary to keep inventory balances correct.