x

Does the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime Phone work with the square?

Hello. I was wondering if anyone knew if the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime Phone work with the Square?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 45
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

I can definitely help out with this question! 

To get going, the Square magstripe and chip card readers are compatible with most Apple iOS and Android devices running the latest software versions.

On the flip side, we don't currently support the following:

• BlackBerry devices
  • Windows devices
  • Non-mobile devices, such as laptop and desktop computers
  • Unreleased or beta software versions for your device
  • Amazon Kindle devices

To confirm if your exact device is supported, just visit Square's Device Compatibility page

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 45
44 REPLIES 44
Square

Best Answer

I can definitely help out with this question! 

To get going, the Square magstripe and chip card readers are compatible with most Apple iOS and Android devices running the latest software versions.

On the flip side, we don't currently support the following:

• BlackBerry devices
  • Windows devices
  • Non-mobile devices, such as laptop and desktop computers
  • Unreleased or beta software versions for your device
  • Amazon Kindle devices

To confirm if your exact device is supported, just visit Square's Device Compatibility page

Sean
he/him/his
Message 2 of 45

I have downloaded the square app, and plug inm my card reader, but the card reader won't read a card. The app is working otherwise and on key in cards. What is the problem. My phone is samsung galaxie prime core, verison.

Message 3 of 45
Square

Hmm, that device should work fine with the reader, @thaloblueartist. Have you had a chance to try out these tips? Let me know!

Message 4 of 45

I just signed up for Square. I have a LG G5 phone. Is that compatible for the basic Square device?

Message 5 of 45
Square

Hi @winwithroseit should. While it may not be on our Compatibility List, that may be because we don't have enough data on the device at this time to make an official comment.

Given that it is a newer model, it should meet our technical requirements. I just can't promise it!

Message 6 of 45

Hi Sean, hope you can answer my question about compatibility! 

I am considering either the LG X Power or the Samsung Galaxy Amp Prime. These phones are from Cricket. Are they compatible with Square?

If they're not compatible, can you recommend a budget-priced 16 gig Android 6.0+ phone with a budget-priced cell provider? 

Thanks! 

Message 7 of 45

Have a similar issue.  I have a new Insignia 8" tablet from Best Buy running 6.0.1 Android.  No Insignia tablets appear on the Square Device Compatability page.  The Square app loaded from Google Play without issue.  Successfully used the Swipe to run a test with a VISA.  The Android setting page indicates there is a Bluetooth device available to pair when the Contactless Reader is on (displays as 6 pairs of alpha numerics seperated by colons).  (The device goes away when it is off.)  With the reader displaying 4 blinking orange lights and working fromthe Square Menu; Settings; Card Readers; Contactless + Chip; --> I then get a generic Square page with an intro video and two buttons allowing me to order a reader or Check Device Compatability.  Dead end!  What should I do?

Message 8 of 45

Hello,  

Is Samsung Galaxy Stardust compatible?

Message 9 of 45
Square

@painter - On a side note, it looks like you won't have any problems with the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime. 😉

Sean
he/him/his
Message 10 of 45

Need help finding a good phone that is compatable with this square.. any help appreciated.

Tags (2)
Message 11 of 45
Super Seller

Search here for compatible devices:  https://squareup.com/compatibility  Square is only compatible with select Apple and Android devices, but the list is quite long.

Message 12 of 45

I have a Galaxy Note 5 and I see all other notes on the list, but not mine....?

Message 13 of 45
Admin

Hey @Candifer1, you can view which hardware is compatible with your Galaxy Note 5 at squareup.com/compatibility. Take a look at @Sean's post above for more information as well. Hope this helps!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 14 of 45

I have a Motorola Droid Turbo 2.  with 6.0 Android software. So why doesn't my wireless card reader pair up?

Message 15 of 45

Considering a

BLU R1 HD and want to know if it will work with Square?

Message 16 of 45
Square

@windhorse - It doesn't look like we explicitly support this device. While it looks like it would meet our basic requirements, you'd have to test it out to know for sure. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 17 of 45

Does anyone know if the Alcatel One Touch phone is compatible with the Square reader?

Message 18 of 45
Square

Check out Sean's answer above!

Message 19 of 45

Is the Square chip reader and internet receipt printer compatible with the Samsung Galaxy E Tablet?

Message 20 of 45
Square Community Moderator

@mtf Check out the information in this thread. It should help point you in the right direction. 

Message 21 of 45