x

payroll, employees, modifiers and inventory

I own a small studio salon, and am expanding. We currently have 2 booth rent stylists, and they both utilize square appointments. its super easy to use so we love it. however i am running into a few problems. 

1) i cant seem to set up service lists per stylist. and this will be very important. as booth renters, everyone has their own pricing structure, right now, its one price, so thats the only one that can be advertised. 

2) inventory tracking is impossible. i need a way for each stylist to have what they sell kept track of, so that i can pay them comissions. this option doesnt seem to be available, and payroll isnt available in oklahoma. 

3) is there a way, to use the salon's appointment scheduling, and then check out with in their own square account? example: susan checks out her appointment through her appointments app, provided by the salon, but needs to take payment for services rendered on her own pos. can the two be linked? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @malbake, thanks for taking the time to bring up these issues.

Firstly, you can customize which services a staff member will be able to offer by heading over to your Staff tab > select an employee > scroll down to the "Services offered during online booking" section > select which services that they can provide. Currently, the ability to allow each employee to set their own price for the same service is unavailable.

Regarding your second question, we do not have an inventory tracking option for this type of setup right now — though you may find a solution with one of our Items & Inventory partner apps.

Finally, the ability to book an appointment, check out, and accept the payment with a different account is not available. As long as the staff member logs in to the point of sale using their own passcode, they'll be properly linked to the sale in the Employee Sales report.

Rest assured that I'll be sharing your experience with our Product Liaison team — we're always working to make improvements based on seller feedback.

Hope this helps make things a bit more clear for now. Keep in touch, and please let me know if you have any other questions!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 6

thank you so much! 

I have set up our passcodes, but feel like I am missing a step. the codes have been saved, but is there an acitvation or something i need to do? how/when are they pinned in? 

Message 3 of 6
Square

Hi @malbake, quick clarification; are you using a shared device with the Appointments app and Point of Sale? For example, when your stylists ring up their customers are they using the same iPad to access the calendar, Checkout, and accept payment? 

If so, once you hit "Checkout" in the Appointments app, the Point of Sale app will open and your staff will be asked to enter their passcode, so long as you've enabled your Employee Management permissions. Hope that helps clarify, but let me know if I can elaborate further! 

Message 4 of 6

For the most part yes, but sometimes check outs are done in phones as well. I have done the employee code thing, but can't seem to figure it out? It's activated and codes set, but there isn't an opportunity to enter them?

Message 5 of 6
Square

The passcode screen should pop up as soon as you or an employee switch back to the Square app. Have you enabled, the Employee Management permission from the settings in the Point of Sale app yet?

Message 6 of 6