x

Business registration wants personal information, I am not comfortable with this.

I am registering a non-profit I work for but in order to register it is asking for my date of birth, address etc.  It appears it does a credit check on me!  I do not want to be responsible in any way for this charities activities so do not want to register if this is required.  Is there any way to just register a business without my information attached?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller Alumni

This is not just a Square thing but standard industry practice. It is mainly to verify you are a real person and a representive of the organization.  I would have the president or director do this if that is not you. This person is the main contact of the account. All financial and tax information will be with the organization tax ID. 

Message 2 of 3
Alumni

Hey @Sookephil - I can definitely see your concern around this. @RHatch is 100% right, though. 

It sounds like you may not be an owner of the organization, I recommend that an director of your nonprofit or a primary stakeholder be the individual to open an account for credit card processing. 

Message 3 of 3