x

Square for political donations, need to track name\address\occupation for each donation

Hi everyone.  I wish to use Square for collecting political donations.  In my state, it is required that we track name\address\occupation for each political $donation.  I am not sure how to set this up within Square.  I suppose I need to collect the information before they click "donate", so that if they click "donate" without entering the needed info, they can't go forward. 

But, I am not sure how.  Does Square have a built-in resource for achieving this?

thanks everyone

Message 1 of 7
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Square for political donations, need to track name\address\occupation for each donation

Sole on-line, never in-person.  Next, I was thinking to have a simple site, in which they amounts are fixed.  They could choose from either $25, $100, or $250.  Those would be the only amounts they could choose.

Her site will also have a place to postal-mail checks.  But as you can guess, a "pay now" button would be nice.

Thanks for your response.

6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

Hi @chris-catFriend - Can you tell us a little more about your set up? Are you planning to collect these donations in person or online? This will help us find the right answer for you!

Message 2 of 7

Sole on-line, never in-person.  Next, I was thinking to have a simple site, in which they amounts are fixed.  They could choose from either $25, $100, or $250.  Those would be the only amounts they could choose.

Her site will also have a place to postal-mail checks.  But as you can guess, a "pay now" button would be nice.

Thanks for your response.

Message 3 of 7
Alumni

Thanks for sharing that! You can use online store and instruct your donors to put the additional info you require in the notes field while they complete their purchase. 

Message 4 of 7

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "How do I create an account for political campaign contributions?" The author has been notified via email.

I tried to create an account, but it was forcing me to choose a business category. We are not selling anything, but rather, trying to use Square to accept campaign contributions.

Also, with each transaction, I will need to track the person's occuption/employer/etc. for compliance with state election law. Does Square allow me to do this?

Message 5 of 7

I have the same question. I'm being asked to select business or personal when setting it up. What do I chose for political campaigns?

Message 6 of 7

@jrowland I'd recommend selecting business if you haven't already. 

Message 7 of 7