x

Training Mode

Training Mode

We're switching over from our current POS system to Square and have a question.

Is there a training mode available through Square? A way to train employees without it showing up as an actual sale?

42 Comments

As a beginner with the Square POS app, I'd like to be able to practice (cash) transactions, along with my employees.  Since these aren't real customers or sales, is there a way to Void them completely so they don't show up in any reports? I will be purchasing Square Register and don't want these "example sales" to show up as a comparison in years sales later on, as there will be A LOT of them.  Is this possible?

Alumni

@thepewtershop, I went ahead and merged your post with this one, since a few other people have had this same question. There's not currently a way to totally delete a transaction, even cash transactions, but you can issue a refund to make sure your books are balanced. Sorry for the inconvenience! As you get started with Square POS, let us know if you have other questions - there's lots of good info in the Seller Community! 

Thanks for responding!

The issue is that it does not correct the inventory. You can refund the balance, but square does not add the item back into inventory and thus throws the sales reports off. Example: I accidently ring in a sale for 100 widgets for $100 (and I meant to ring in 10 widgets). I realize the error and then process a full refund so I can redo the sale with the correct number. The sales reports still will show 100 widgets sold though. This is a BIG problem.  

Please add me to the list of people requesting *some way* to be able to delete or edit or void a "test" transaction! I am a new user, currently building a new business and so I've already had a number of headaches... finally found a POS/payment processing solution I love (Square) but did not realize a test cash transaction would affect my inventory & reporting. I issues the refund to zero it out but that's still not helpful with my reporting!

Admin

@Dingo I'm sorry for the frustration this is causing. We're definitely aware of this issue, and we're tracking interest in this post. If you subscribe to that post you'll be notified of any updates regarding refunds and inventory. 

@purdycreative Thanks for taking the time to add your voice to this and welcome to Square! As soon as we have an update we'll let everyone in this thread know. 

All talk no action. Square has been aware of the issue for a long time and has done nothing to fix it.

If you can't make a delete function for test invoices, then create an entire 'Test' program so users get real experience with how the system works, but the information doesn't go into their 'real' reports. It's just silly that test invoices remain on the books.

I understand there isn't a training mode yet, which is a feature I wish was offered. A feature I feel would be very beneficial! I have read in previous threads that I could set up a "dummy" account to train on; however, I do not want to set up a whole dummy account just to later deactivate it, and then do the same set up in my actual account. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to streamline this process? I just don't want to duplicate work and waste a lot of time.

Alumni

Hi @RustrialRenovat - Unfortunately, there's no training mode for Square POS. You can refund all the transactions you practice with, but those sales will show up in your reporting. 

Sorry about this and I'll pass your feedback along to our team!