x

Will square payments sync with square appointments based on the client?

Will square payments sync with square appointments based on the client?

I currently use another appointment program but have used Square for years and am trying to decide whether to migrate to square appointments. I book patients then have them pay via square. The issue I sometimes have is reconciling payments for a patient because it does not link the payment with my schedule. So in order to see if they paid I need to check the date and time of their appointment and assume they paid after the appointment time...looking at the time of the transaction and then validating the credit card info or signature. But if it was cash, it is tough to do.

Will square make this possible to track payments per client if I'm using square register? I would hope so as that would be the true value of this integrated register and appointments package.

0 Likes
15 Comments

I've been using Appointments with the credit-card-to-reserve feature turned on. I think it's great, but clients think that I already have their payment info when I go to check them out via Square Register. When I ask for their card for Register, they mention that they already gave me their card info via Appointments.

I wish there was tighter integration between Register and Appointments on this point. Maybe I'm missing something...

I'm having the same problem. It's hard to see which client paid and which client did not because there seems to be no communication between the square app for scheduling and the square register. After I click the checkout button I can go back to my schedule and every client still has the checkout button option available. VERY FRUSTRATING! Plus there are no names associated with transactions so it's a guessing game. 😞
Square

Thanks for the details here, I appreciate the thoroughness and insight from everyone!

From the sound of it, I think this would be a great feature that would really compliment our software, while improving the seller experience. We’re continually looking for ways to better bridge our products, and your feedback is a gift!  

@H2skin_wax - You might want to check out this article. It explains how to add a customer's name to a transaction from the Square Register App.

I will definitely share this thread with our appointments team. 👍

Is there any update on this ability to track unpaid appointments?  It's a fairly important feature especially if you're doing lots of appointments and need a fast way to see which appointments you haven't charged yet by accident. Potentially lost revenue for both square and its customers. 

Square

@Ltran - I don't currently have any other updates to share, but I'll definitely be sure to pass along your feedback as well. For more details on the feature request process, I'd check out Kelly's thread here

Alumni

Hey folks! I work on the Appointments team here at Square. Just wanted to say that we've heard a lot of feedback like yours, and we're definitely listening.

I can't share any specific plans or timelines, but we know that tying together appointments and transactions would be immensely valuable for folks using the product. Sorry I can't be more clear, but I do want to make sure you know you're being heard.

Feedback like this is great, as it gives us a better understanding of how we can make the product more effectively suit your needs. So please keep it coming!

its been 2 years, can we do this yet or not?

Square Community Moderator

Hey @nolasteve

With the new version of the Appointments app, you can schedule and checkout your clients from one place which makes it easier for reporting. 

You're then able to view your client profiles in your Square Dashboard. The Customers tab will reflect your customers upcoming and past appointments, and also reflect their payment history. 

So if the client can't mark and can't pay for their full order in the appointment making section how am I supposed to know what they want so it can be prepared for their arrival?

Square Community Moderator

@nolasteve Customers can absolutely pay in advance for services that can be booked through your booking site, but items will need to be added to the sale afterwards unfortunately. 

Hopefully our Appointments team can integrate services and items together from the booking page so that the entire order can be paid in full, as multiple sellers have mentioned this as something they'd like to see in the future.