x

USB Connectivity issues

I am having issues with printer USB connectivity. iPad recognizes square stand and the square stand also charged the iPad. But the USB hub will no longer charge chip reader nor will the printer's green light turn on. I also just updated my iPad to iOS 9.3.1
Message 1 of 37
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

@ryan1 Thanks for the feedback and I'm sorry to hear you're going through so much trouble! One of the reasons we don't replace the cords alone is because often times the cord trouble is caused by a larger problem with the Square Stand itself. 

Troubleshooting resolves the most common issues (Square Stand USB Attachment Issues) however if these tips don't help, we recommend replacing the entire unit with a Square Stand Warranty Claim rather than purchasing a single USB Hub. When you place a warranty claim, we'll send you out a brand new replacement Square Stand with new USB Hubs. 

If you prefer to only replace the USB Hub, you can purchase a replacement from our online shop: Square Stand Accessories Kit

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Alumni

Hi @MADBros - Sorry about the problems you're experiencing. Can you share what type of devices you're using? Are you on the latest version of POS? This will help us find you the correct troubleshooting info.

Message 22 of 37

I am running the latest version of Square. I have square stand with an ipad air. The stand has a drawer, scanner, and printer. I will look up model' of those and post. 

Message 23 of 37

Sounds good @MADBros! I'm willing to help out as well and I'll keep an eye out for your reply! 

Message 24 of 37

Chad, 

I am having simular issues, I just upgraded from iOS 10 to iOS 11.4. My square stand / USB Hub say they are connected, but it seems no data / power are going through. I have a cash drawer, and printer that are not working with the square stand (Not even powering on). But if I hook the printer up to my computer it will light up and start the power up procedures. 

Message 25 of 37
Admin

Sorry to hear that you've been encountering trouble with this as well, @jthead. There were some issues with Stand and iOS 11.4. The latest update to iOS 11.4.1 solved the connection issues—can you double check and make sure that you've updated to iOS 11.4.1? Hope this helps clear things up. If you're still encountering any issues after that, feel free to reply here or get in touch with our Customer Success team—they'll take a deeper dive into your settings.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 26 of 37

I was updated to the newest iOS. Though I was able to fix the situation. I had the app open and the iPad in the stand. I then disconnected the cable on the bottom of the stand, and reconnected. When re-plugged in all devices we able to interface with the program.

Message 27 of 37

Both my ipad and the app are the most recent versions. I have the symbol barcode scanner and contactless chip reader, both connected through USB. Connectivity has been in and out for days. Unplugging and then plugging back in was doing the trick, but that stopped working so I deleted the app and reinstalled it and that worked for maybe 1 minute, before crashing and not coming back up since. I've also tried unplugging and cleaning all outlets out with no luck. 

In settings, I can see the items connected via USB, but they're not actually working. My internet is not impacting any other wifi devices, so it's not that. Thinking I have a hardware issue, do I need an entirely new system or to replace the USB hub through the accessory kit? 

Message 28 of 37
Admin

Hey @mermer415, thanks for flagging this. I'm really sorry to hear about the disruption this is causing.

Appreciate you taking the time to troubleshoot as well—this shouldn't be happening. If you haven't had the chance, please try deleting/reinstalling the app (make sure you don't have any pending offline payments beforehand or they won't be uploaded). If that doesn't resolve the connection issues, I'd suggest letting our Customer Success Team know—they'll be able to take a deeper dive and escalate internally, if needed.

Please let us know if you run into any other trouble with this or have any other questions!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 29 of 37

Tom, this issue has been continuing for me as well. I have done a reinstall of the app, This has been an issue for multiple iOS updates. 

I need to connect and reconnect the bottom wire multiple times, and if I am lucky the issue resolves, if I am unlucky nothing will work for that day. 

Message 30 of 37

I overnighted the accessories kit with the USB and main power replacements and it fixed the problem. 

Message 31 of 37

Mine does the same thing still. Normally after the update is fixed in IOS i do not have any trouble. Thsi time it has not fixed my problem of having to unplug my hardware and uninstalling and re installing does not work.. For the others who are experiencing this so dont bother. This is an continuing on going issue with the Aquarestand. Last time I talked to tech support they told me I had vaulty hardware and my cash drawer was broke. I contacted the Company that makes the drawer they checked the drawer and it was not the problem. After informing Square tech support of that they said could not see an issue and had to be drawer.. LOL here I am years later and still unplugging system to make drawer and scanner work. 

Message 32 of 37

@MADBros,

Have you tried getting the USB accessory kit like @mermer415 suggested. They said it fixed their problem right away, I am willing to try it, but not happy with having to purchase a replacement part since the longevity with the first one wasn't great. 

Message 33 of 37

I am not buying anything else.. If i do it will be a different system all together

Message 34 of 37

We are having the same issues. This is the second square stand we had in 7 months. The first one crashed within a week of opening my store. Now the second one, the USB Hub is not working so the Chip readers, printer, and scanner are not working. The connectiving issues slows down our check out process and we have  a busy store. 

Message 35 of 37
Alumni

So sorry to hear about the troubles, @Kimyon!

The first thing I recommend, if you haven't already, is to run through the troubleshooting steps for your Square Stand. If you've already done this, and are still running into trouble, you'll want to contact us directly.

Have you had a chance to get in touch with our team directly yet? We would be able to look into this with you! When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here. A phone call is the fastest way to troubleshoot and come to a resolution, but if you have more time, feel free to use the email option.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 36 of 37

I am having this problem, I've only had this terminal a few days . . . this is frustating

Message 37 of 37