x
Beta Member

Chip Cards are faster in POS than they are in Appointments

I must be seeing things, but Chip Cards are MUCH faster in Square's regular Point of Sale app than in the Square appointments app. Is there any plans to updating Appointments to match the speeds of the regular POS app?

Also, I read you can disable signatures entirely now, how do I go about doing that? I dont see it as an option inside of my app

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @Redlight2015, thanks for surfacing and sorry for the delayed reply.

We're constantly working to improve our reader's performance and speed up chip card processing with all of our apps—nothing worse than that awkward silence while waiting for the payment to complete processing. I'll be sure to share your insight with both Point of Sale and Appointments teams.

As for your second question, we are still in the process of rolling out these changes so make sure you're running the latest version of the app, then:

1. Head over to Settings
  2. Select Signature & Receipt
  3. Select whether you’d like to Never Collect Signatures, Collect Signatures Over $25 or Always Collect Signatures.

For more context, have a look at this post: We’re Speeding Up Your Checkout Experience. Thanks for your patience!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

I have the latest version of the app and the only option I see is skip for under $25. Am I missing something? 

Message 3 of 6

You should see it as an option now @Redlight2015. They rolled it out in waves, but as of 08/29 you should see the option. 

If not, please let me know so we can take a closer look at your account. 

Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

Still nothing 

Message 5 of 6

Apologizes @Redlight2015, I just checked with our Product Team and it turns out this feature has been delayed. Right now it's available on some Android devices and we will be rolling it out to all sellers in the coming weeks.

Keep an eye on your app! Also I will circle back and post an update here when it's available to all sellers. 🙂

Message 6 of 6