x

Is there a setting for removing card to be the last thing the customer does? (after signing/tipping)

I run a food truck (so should have put this under food & bev), but it really is like a retail experience... 
With the Square Register hardware, is there a setting so customers have to leave their cards in while they sign and tip/not tip? The way it is, it seems like they insert card, it's approved, they're prompted to remove card, then they walk over to get their food. I notice that my side of the Register says "Customer is Tipping," skip the tip for them, squiggle a signature and then help the next customer. It's dumb; they'd sign and tip more readily if the card had to stay in longer. 
Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hello @EmWig. Thanks so much for sharing this here in the Community. There's not a specific setting that would have your customer leave their cards in for a longer period of time during the transaction.

The point you make is a really good one, though. I can see how customers wouldn't look twice to check for a tipping option because the payment flow is so speedy. I'll make sure that this feedback gets to our Product Teams. 🔥

Please let us know if you have other questions or suggestions!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 3

Thanks! It's kind of an oh duh design, honestly, to not keep the customer engaged with the POS for the tip and signature before they remove their card. I kept thinking it has to be an option, but couldn't find it. Please have it as an option asap so I can more easily collect tips for my hardworking staff.

There are a bunch of other things I'd love to see changed on the Register. Happy to take it off here and to email. Thank you!

[Email Redacted]

Message 3 of 3