x

What receipt printers are compatible with Android devices?

I am using Samsung tablet and need to find receipt printers that will work with this system. Most printers only give info about Ipad compatibility. Also bluetooth would be a bonus.

Message 1 of 24
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @feedbucket, thanks for surfacing! While Bluetooth printers aren't currently supported with Android devices, we do support a variety of USB and Ethernet interface receipt printers.

Supported USB Printers:

• Star TSP113
  • Star TSP113GT
  • Star TSP143
  • Star TSP143GT
  • Star TSP651
  • Star TSP654

Supported Printers with Ethernet Interface:

• Star Micronics TSP143LAN
  • Star Micronics TSP654IIE3
  • Star Micronics TSP143IIILAN

Find complete details and additional information on kitchen ticket printer suggestions in our Support Center. Hope this helps with getting set up!

If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @feedbucket, thanks for surfacing! While Bluetooth printers aren't currently supported with Android devices, we do support a variety of USB and Ethernet interface receipt printers.

Supported USB Printers:

• Star TSP113
  • Star TSP113GT
  • Star TSP143
  • Star TSP143GT
  • Star TSP651
  • Star TSP654

Supported Printers with Ethernet Interface:

• Star Micronics TSP143LAN
  • Star Micronics TSP654IIE3
  • Star Micronics TSP143IIILAN

Find complete details and additional information on kitchen ticket printer suggestions in our Support Center. Hope this helps with getting set up!

If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

️ Tom | he/him
Message 2 of 24

When i search for those printers online i find same model with different suffix that i do not understand. also conflicting reviews regarding compatibility. I am using Samsung Galaxy Tab E. 

Message 3 of 24
Square

Generally speaking, the Star printers will just show TSP100 on the front of the actual printer but those are the model numbers; it is kind of confusing. Feel free to share a link or two to the printers you're viewing, I'd be happy to confirm. 

Message 4 of 24

Here is a link to what comes up on Amazon when searching for TSP113:

https://www.amazon.com/Star-TSP100-TSP143iiU-Receipt-Printer/dp/B000FCP92C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=14...

Message 5 of 24

This is the same problem I have been having. Every search for TSP113, for example, returns a TSP100. Does that mean the TSP100 is compatible with the Android and square?

Message 6 of 24

Will the Star TSP100 TSP143U , USB, Receipt Printer work with the Square?  Thanks!

Message 7 of 24

@BlueKnight - It works for me. I have it connected to my tablet with a USB hub.

Message 8 of 24

What tablet do you have?  Do you mean the Square stand USB hub? or another hub?

Message 9 of 24

I have an LG Gpad 5.0 But I have resolved my issue. The receipt printer works; I have everything hardwired.

Message 10 of 24

Do you have a USB hub that the printer is plugged into?

Message 11 of 24

Yes.

I have a very small retail bakery and I didn't want to spend $100 per month on wifi to run credit cards, nor the amount of money it would cost to get the whole official Square suite of items. So I went to Verizon and got the LG tablet for $1. I pay about $20 per month for a data plan just for the tablet, and that suffices for the credit cards. I have to plug the reciept printer and the cash drawer into a USB hub which then plugs into the tablet, and they work fine.

The only issue I've had has been with the chip card reader. That has not worked well at all. I've been okay for now because I can still run cards through the mag stripe. I don't know why it's not working, but it unpairs itself very quickly from the tablet. I'll have it online for ten or fifteen minutes, and then it will become undetected again. It's annoying.

Message 12 of 24

I have an android and a cash drawer with printer, it won't recognize this if any other device other than card reader is hooked up... iex my scanner or other label maker 

Message 13 of 24
Admin

Hey @Croakersbrew, sorry to hear it. I'd recommend giving these troubleshooting tips a run-through: USB Printer and Android Devices. If that doesn't clear things up, let our Support Team know, and they'll be able to take a deeper dive.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 14 of 24
Square

@tinpanb - That does sound annoying. Have you had a chance to run through these troubleshooting steps yet?

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 15 of 24

Message 16 of 24
Square Community Moderator

@cgmobilecafe Bluetooth printers aren’t supported with Android devices as of right now. Check out the Best Answer in this thread for your printer options with Android devices and Square. 

Message 17 of 24

This info is from 2016. It is now September  2017. Are there any wifi or Bluetooth printer for receipts and food orders?

Message 18 of 24

it would be nice to  have other printers that are cheaper supported in some way I can't afford 200 or more for a printer. i am a homebased business and most of the time I do not even make 500 a year.

Message 19 of 24
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for this feedback @karenmours

A few sellers have mentioned they purchase their accessories through 3rd party sellers on Amazon, eBay etc. 

You might be able to find one a lot cheaper that way, just make sure you're purchasing the correct, compatible model. 

Message 20 of 24

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 with my Square reader. I want to know what receipt printers are compatible with my Samsung.

Message 21 of 24