x

Reporting by category not working

Even though my items are categorized (these were items built and categorized last year), when I run a sales report by category, everything shows up as "uncategorized."  Is there a bug in my account that might need to be fixed?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @khkyle

Did you make sure that you were selecting items at the time of the sale?

So long as you're selecting the item that's categorized, the sale should reflect that specific item/category combination in your reports. 

If you sell an item that's not categorized, or you enter a custom amount sale rather than selecting an item, this would result in your sales being "uncategorized". 

Hopefully this helps, but let me know if you need anything else or have additional questions. 

Message 2 of 4

Yes, EJ.  We've had the items and categories set up since last year.  A week or so ago, I processed 2 "Hole Sponsorships" which should have been classified in the "Golf Sponsorship" category, but they both are showing up uncategorized.  It is possible I just ran the $150 charge without choosing the category, but I don't think so.  I will pay more attention with the next transaction.  Is there any way to reclassify the items after the sale?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

@khkyle Unfortunately you're not able to edit a sale after it's completed. 

Keep note of the items and custom amount sales, and let me know if this keeps happening to you. If so I can try and investigate further if needed. 

Message 4 of 4