x

Can you add interest to past due Invoices?

Can you add interest to past due Invoices?

I Really NEED to know how on earth I add interest to past due accounts without having to go in edit on the invoice.  When it gets edited it automatically requires a new due date resulting in the "Past Due" notice disappearing. Not good at all! Can anyone please help?!

0 Likes
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How to add INTEREST to Past Sue Invoices???

Hi @atoztragedyrnr! We don't currently have a way to add interest to customer's balances without updating the invoices on which they are past due on. 

I see how that would be a huge efficiency win! Thanks for taking the time to post.

9 Comments
Square

Hi @atoztragedyrnr! We don't currently have a way to add interest to customer's balances without updating the invoices on which they are past due on. 

I see how that would be a huge efficiency win! Thanks for taking the time to post.

That's good news! How do I do it then? Do you have a link or video tutorial I can see?

Square

@atoztragedyrnr That's not a feature we have yet, thank you for your post! 

I must have read the post wrong my apologies. I can't be the first to inquire about interest fees. When will that feature be added? The 2.3% I pay (plus everyone else) for the service this should be a very easy and Fast fix. If a ps4 game or Windows can update automatically then square should too. Or I may need to find a different option. I want to see my huge fees being used to improve the square platform.

Square

This isn't a feature we currently have in development, @atoztragedyrnr. Thanks again for your feedback!

Beta Member

Why is it not in development? This seems like a standard business practice.

Square

@memorymats - I'll be sure to share your feedback! As a workaround, you could consider editing, and then resending the invoice if it is overdue. 

Any update on this? This would double my profits if offered to us!

Admin

I don't have an update to share @ShawnBankston but the Invoices team is still tracking this request closely.

If you have time to share a bit more about your business and how you currently use Invoices that would be really helpful. 

Also just to clarify if you edit the amount of an overdue Invoice, the Invoice status will remain as Overdue and show the original date it was due (unless you extend the due date!).