x

How do I suspend my Loyalty program?

Hi there!  I forgot what day it was and can't contact square by phone today (Saturday) about this.  Maybe there's somewhere on the site I can do this....

I need to suspend my customer loyalty program for a few months, now until April 1st to be exact.  When I first started the program I asked if I would be able to do this and Square's awesome customer service said I could and not lose any of my customers' info and status.  Now I don't know if I have to wait until after the New Year to do it or if I can do it via the website.  Haven't been able to find anything.

Please do let me know if any of you know if I can do this online.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 15
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks @RHatch

Update: @doregan8 I'm updating this thread to let you know that the ability to suspend a Square Loyalty program is no longer available. Instead, you can unsubscribe from Loyalty. The good news is when you unsubscribe, none of your customer history (star/points) or program details will be lost! To resume your program just resubscribe from the Account & Settings section of your online Square Dashboard.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Super Seller Alumni

This can be done in the Dashboard under Pricing & Subscriptions..

Message 2 of 15
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks @RHatch

Update: @doregan8 I'm updating this thread to let you know that the ability to suspend a Square Loyalty program is no longer available. Instead, you can unsubscribe from Loyalty. The good news is when you unsubscribe, none of your customer history (star/points) or program details will be lost! To resume your program just resubscribe from the Account & Settings section of your online Square Dashboard.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 3 of 15

Thanks so much, everyone!

Message 4 of 15
Admin

You're welcome! 😀

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 5 of 15

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Loyalty program question — what happens to my customers' rewards if I cancel?

I run a seasonal business. I want to do a rewards program, but only want to pay $25 monthly fee during the season. If I cancel when we're closed will all of my customers lose their rewards?

Message 6 of 15

Just wondered if I choose to do the loyalty program and don’t like it can I cancel my monthly fee ? 

Message 7 of 15
Alumni

Hey @Angel17 - You can cancel your Loyalty program at anytime! Check out Helen's answer above for more information on how to do so.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 8 of 15

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Can i stop my loyalty program?

If I cancel my loyalty program, what happens to the points that my customers earned? Is there a way to stop the program for new customers but let the past customers continue to earn and use points?

Message 9 of 15
Admin

@Terrasini If you cancel your program your customer's points are not lost. So if you decide to resubscribe in future, the program your customers can pick up where they left off and start earning points again.

If you decide to unsubscribe there isn't a way to gradually phase out the program for some customers, as soon as unsubscribe customers won't able to earn points or redeem rewards. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 10 of 15

Thank you Helen. That's what I needed to know.

Message 11 of 15

Helen, is there a way to export the number of points each customer has earned? I'm considering canceling my subscription and giving customers with points earned a discount on their next purchase to use them up.  Thanks.

Message 12 of 15
Alumni

Hey @urj0420 - I checked in with the Loyalty team and the ability to export a report of customer points is not an available feature at this time. In the meantime, you can export a list of Loyalty Enrollees within your Customer Directory and manually check their points within their customer profile.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 13 of 15

If i cancel my loyalty program will I be able to still see the points that the customer had up until then 

Message 14 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hi @loadedtoadmt! Welcome to the Community.

When you unsubscribe, you won't be able to see loyalty points/data any longer. No data is lost but it essentially pauses the program and hides the information. 

If you'd like a CSV file with the phone numbers or points, you can give our Support Team a call and they should be able to export one for you before you cancel. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 15 of 15