x

Can I use the Loyalty Program with Square Invoices?

Can I use the Loyalty Program with Square Invoices?

So my business is mainly an online boutique soI send invoices for items purchased.  Can the loyalty program still work via invoices or does it have to be an acutal card swiped?

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Can I use the Loyalty Program with Square Invoices?

I thought I wanted Loyalty points on my invoices but I'm actually preferring it not to be. 

If someone pays me right away for my product/service they get the points. If they want "terms" where I invoice them for a later date or multiple payments they don't get the points.

It's nice to say "sure I can invoice you and you can make a payment over a period of time but you don't get your loyalty points!" Provides an incentive to pay in full up front. 

Verified Answer

Re: Loyalty Program good with Invoices

Unfortunately, Square's Loyalty program does not integrate with Square Invoices. I absolutely see how it would be useful to have that feature on our Square Invoices.

121 Comments
Square

Unfortunately, Square's Loyalty program does not integrate with Square Invoices. I absolutely see how it would be useful to have that feature on our Square Invoices.

Thanks so much for asking this question! I invoice many of my customers and feel bad they're missing out on the program. It needs to be available on any platform the customer is paying to really work well. 

I am wanting to set up a loyalty program that my existing customers can opt into, and then I can manually add stars for previous purchases. Is there a way to add customers to the loyalty program without having a sale? (Most of my sales are done via invoice, so all the stars will be added manually in the future anyway)

Square Community Moderator

Hi there, and welcome to the Seller Community!

Square Loyalty currently doesn’t issue stars or enroll customers into your loyalty program for payments made via an invoice, but this is a popular request. 

Our Product Team is actively tracking this, so I'll let them know that it's something you'd like to see in the future. 

You can manually issue stars to customers who pay via invoice from their customer profile in your Square Point of Sale app. Keep in mind their profile will have to contain a phone number that can be associated with their loyalty punch card.

Any movement on this?? The majority of my customers pay via invoices and they don't earn the stars. I've offered it to them and now I have to track all of it manually 😞

Alumni

Hey @MAJbyHOlly - Unfortunately, no updates at this time, but our Product Team is actively tracking the feedback on this. We will make sure to announce any news on this thread.

The title of this post has been edited from the original:  Feature Request: How to apply promo code to an invoice?

How do apply the coupon code to orders? Specifically invoices. I can just manually enter the discount but then on the backside the campaign shows 0 attributable sales. I want the analytics for these coupons.....thats the point..

Please advise. 

Super Seller

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think promo codes can be applied against invoices, but I rarely use invoices.

Admin

Hello @3monkeyspad

@VanKalkerFarms is correct, it's not possible to add a promo/coupon code to an invoice at this time. The coupon codes generated in Square Marketing campaigns are designed to be used when a customer visits your business in person. I see how it would be helpful to offer customers a way to a apply a coupon code to an invoice and I'll share that feedback with the Invoices team! 

Keep in mind you can apply a discounts to an invoice before you send it to your customer and you can see the analytics for those discounts from the Sales section of your Square Dashboard.

It would be extremely helpful for customers to be able to apply a discount when paying an invoice. I no longer have a brick and mortar location but I still need to be able to motivate my customers to order. Please share with those in charge who can make that happen!