x

Can I use the Loyalty Program with Square Invoices?

Can I use the Loyalty Program with Square Invoices?

So my business is mainly an online boutique soI send invoices for items purchased.  Can the loyalty program still work via invoices or does it have to be an acutal card swiped?

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Can I use the Loyalty Program with Square Invoices?

I thought I wanted Loyalty points on my invoices but I'm actually preferring it not to be. 

If someone pays me right away for my product/service they get the points. If they want "terms" where I invoice them for a later date or multiple payments they don't get the points.

It's nice to say "sure I can invoice you and you can make a payment over a period of time but you don't get your loyalty points!" Provides an incentive to pay in full up front. 

Verified Answer

Re: Loyalty Program good with Invoices

Unfortunately, Square's Loyalty program does not integrate with Square Invoices. I absolutely see how it would be useful to have that feature on our Square Invoices.

121 Comments
Admin

@Flawless_TN Thank you for the insight, I definitely see what you mean. I'll share your interest with the team! 

My customers that are sent an invoice and pay that way are not being given the option to claim stars in the loyalty program. It looks like only cash/card transactions are getting loyalty program benefits. Anyone else have this issue?

Super Seller Alumni

Invoices don't link with Customer management so invoice sales don't earn stars.  Hopefully this will be available in the future.

Wow. Wish I knew that before! Thanks

Alumni

Hi @klgalleher - Thanks for this question! I'll let our team that works on Loyalty know of your idea. They also frequent these boards so let us know if anything else comes up. 

And thanks also to @RHatch for providing a quick reponse! 👏

I set up the loyalty program correctly i think.. then sent out the mass email announcing it to my customer base. it announced it but didnt give them an option to put in a phone number and subscribe to it..most of my transactions are through invoice. does it not work with invoice purchases as well as store?..ive made a few purchases myself and it says nothing about the loyalty program during the invoice payment process.. very frustrating. thanks in advance for your help!

Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “why wont the loyalty program send an email asking for phone # so they can sign up?”

@wegmanized Sorry for the confusion! The Loyalty program only is available for transactions processed through the Square Register app. The Loyalty program doesn't currently integrate with Invoices. I moved your post here so we can track interest in this feature, it helps our engineers understand what to build next. 

Thank you for clearing that up for me..the thing is how would it know if i was billing through invoice or using the register? it still wont let them enroll in the first place. .. i have been doing it manually because my customers got the announcement email and were all very excited about it!.. who doesnt like recognition for being loyal?.. or free stuff!!

Super Seller Alumni

At the end of the transaction via Square POS it asks for the phone number to add to your rewards account.  This doesn't happen via invoice.

THANKS!