x

How do I fix an incorrect social security number for an employee on Square Payroll?

When setting up a new employee on square payroll I entered the incorrect social security number for them.  I've tried to go in an edit but it won't let me.  I've ran payroll one time and need to run payroll again but I don't want anything else reporting under the incorrect social security number.  I haven't been able to find a phone number for the help desk for Square.  I'd appreciate any information you can give me with this.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Super Seller

Support won’t be open till Monday. 

You'll need your customer code to call.  Follow the instructions below on how to get it.

https://squareup.com/help/contact

Click “More”

Click "I don't see my issue"

Click "Call Support"

Write down your Customer Code

Call 1  855  700  6000

Depending on your specific account, you might not have phone support available, or you might have limited hours of support. If your account doesn't have phone support, Email is the only way to communicate so that there is proper documentation of the conversations.

Message 2 of 11

Thank you, VanKalkerFarms!  I followed your steps and have a code and will call first thing in the morning!  

Message 3 of 11
Admin

Hello @Fattoad - the part where you update en employee's SSN looks like it can't changed but you should be able to.

Can you try these steps? 

1. Navigate to the Payroll section of your online Square Dashboard > click Team.
  2. Click on the name of the employee you need to edit > start typing to make changes to SSN field. While it might not look like you can type here, you will see changes reflected once you start editing.
  3. Click Save.

You could also try switching to another browser like Google Chrome, FireFox or Safari.

I can escalate this to our Payroll team for you if needed - just reply here and I'll start a case for you.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 11
Super Seller

Good to know. That’s similar to the EIN on the business page. 

Adding some information so we know it is editable would help the UI. 

Message 5 of 11
Admin

@VanKalkerFarms I agree! I'll be giving that feedback to the Dashboard and Payroll teams. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 6 of 11

Thank you, Helen  I've had already tried to edit it and I even changed browsers and that didn't work so I followed the steps to get my code and will call customer support tomorrow morning.  I would appreciate if you could escalate this to the payroll team.  I have to have my payroll in tomorrow for our employees to be paid on Friday.  Thanks so much for your help!

Message 7 of 11
Admin

Hmm, sorry the steps didn't do the trick but thanks for trying @Fattoad! I went ahead and escalated this to the Payroll team for you. They'll take a look and email you to help.

Thank you for your patience with this! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 8 of 11
Beta Member

What's happens if the SSN is incorrect and then you update it to correct ssn? After you ran payroll once.

Message 9 of 11
Alumni

Our Payroll team would be able to look into this with you, @Skyemoving!

When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 11
Beta Member

Employee called today saying his SSN was wrong on his W2. How do i fix it?

Message 11 of 11