x

Duplicate acct?

I created a new Square account, but later was told I could get $1000 free processing.  I could not redo the account, so I deactivated it.  Now when trying to create a new account using my friend's referral link, it tells me I can not create an account because one alread exists with my info. Help?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

The get $1,000 in free processing (which amounts to $27.50 in fees credit) is only for people signing up for new accounts.

Deactivated accounts are held in case someone wants to reactivate it later, it is not deleting your account.

Message 2 of 6

Thanks so much, that makes sense. Like many people, I thought that $1000 free processing meant that your first $1000 in fees would be free.  In any case, is there any way to receive this free processing if I mistakenly set up my acct before my friend sent  me the referral link?

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Hey @Lub, our Support Team can help out with looking into transferring the free processing over to your new account. I'd suggest reaching out to them directly from the email address that's tied to your current account. They'll take it from there. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 6

Thanks so much.:)

Message 5 of 6

I Set up my acct w/processing fees by mistake, can I switch to free with referral link?

Message 6 of 6