x

Advice for taking payments via website for RV park?

I would like to chat with someone who takes reservations and credit card info for those online on their website.  We don't do that on our website yet and would like to know more about it.  We have an RV park. Has anyone tried the Square App for this and how did it work?

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, 

We don't have a specific feature for lodging reservations, but Square Appointments sounds like it would work for you if setup for your business specifically. 

Your customers would be able to reserve their stay through the Appointments Booking Calendar, and you can then send them an invoice for payment or have them pay upon arrival via the Point of Sale app. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Best Answer

Hi there, 

We don't have a specific feature for lodging reservations, but Square Appointments sounds like it would work for you if setup for your business specifically. 

Your customers would be able to reserve their stay through the Appointments Booking Calendar, and you can then send them an invoice for payment or have them pay upon arrival via the Point of Sale app. 

Message 2 of 4

Can you tell/show how this can be done? Most of our customers like to reserve a site through a reservationsystem done by another company. I rather do it myself. The total price depends on year, type, length of RV and how many people occupying the RV, and of course how long they will be staying. I can't setup on my website but is it possible do it in square's software and send them invoice to be paid?

Thank you in advance

BCK

Message 3 of 4

@BCK_70 Sorry for the delay here.

This workaround is very business specific, and it would have to be implemented with even more workarounds on your end outside of Square Appointments and Square Point of Sale. 

We actually try not to recommend using Appointments for reservations, as there are multiple factors within Appointments that might make it more difficult than it's worth for your business. 

For instance, Square Appointments can't be booked for multiple days or more than a day. Also, in this situation, each RV would need to be set up as an individual staff member that customers can book. 

The workarounds are tough, but they can work depending on how you fill in the feature gaps on your end.

While using the Appointments feature might be difficult, Square Invoices would definitely help with charging your customers for their stay before they arrive. 

Message 4 of 4