x

Need to process a refund but keep getting invalid customer code when I call

The customer service recording said I entered an invalid customer code that I got from www.square.com/code

How do I get a valid customer code? I just need to refund a customer's payment to their bank.

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hey @Adam12, welcome to the Seller Community! 

Processing a refund is easy! Just follow these steps: 

1. Tap the three horizontal bars in the top left if your on a mobile device (If you're using a tablet select the icon or number in the bottom left corner).
  2. Select Activity
  3. Click on the payment you would like to refund> tap Issue Refund.
  4. Enter the amount and select the reason for the refund.
  5. Tap Refund to complete. 

For finding your Customer Code I recomend taking a look at Sean's answer on a separate thread found here

Please let me know if I can help with anything else. 😀

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Best Answer

Hey @Adam12, welcome to the Seller Community! 

Processing a refund is easy! Just follow these steps: 

1. Tap the three horizontal bars in the top left if your on a mobile device (If you're using a tablet select the icon or number in the bottom left corner).
  2. Select Activity
  3. Click on the payment you would like to refund> tap Issue Refund.
  4. Enter the amount and select the reason for the refund.
  5. Tap Refund to complete. 

For finding your Customer Code I recomend taking a look at Sean's answer on a separate thread found here

Please let me know if I can help with anything else. 😀

Message 2 of 7

I was notified this morning about new Square Terms. I wish to have a copy of your policy and was looking for that information to print.  The first thing I needed was a code.  I do not have or do not remember as code if I have one.  Will you please have a representative call me.  When I called your customer service telephone number, I got an operator who spoke so rapidly about the code, I could not understand what to do.  I am sorry but I would like to have a person to talk with.  please call [Personal Information Redacted] to discuss the new policy

Message 3 of 7

Hello @PanhandleBreast! You can always find the most up to date version of our Terms of Service on our web page.  I recommend taking a look at the thread Customer Code & Phone Number - Where is it? Sean's answer on the first page will help you with obtaining your customer code! 

Message 4 of 7

Chad, I need help but Im new tn squareand nees help processing a transaction.

Message 5 of 7
Alumni

Hi @Reese1 - Congrats on getting started with Square.

I'm not quite sure what kind of transaction you want to process, but here's a great getting started guide from our Help Center. It includes how to take a payment on a mobile device, computer and issuing refunds. Hope this helps!

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/topic/226

Message 6 of 7

need a code to talked to customer service or a direct number

Message 7 of 7