x

Can I set up inventory on a laptop?

Hi, I am brand new here and floundering around. One of my questions is, can I initially setup my items for sale on a laptop? I will be selling at a craft show and at that point using an iPad. Though, currently, do not yet have the iPad.

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

You can... It's really easy. Just log in to Squareup.com, navigate to your items page, and start adding things by "create item" up at the top right of the page. Otherwise, you can download Squares CSV template file, where you can create your inventory as a spreadsheet then upload back to square. Just click on "Import" and follow the prompts. 

Then when you get your ipad, and log into the app, your items will already be there.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

Best Answer

You can... It's really easy. Just log in to Squareup.com, navigate to your items page, and start adding things by "create item" up at the top right of the page. Otherwise, you can download Squares CSV template file, where you can create your inventory as a spreadsheet then upload back to square. Just click on "Import" and follow the prompts. 

Then when you get your ipad, and log into the app, your items will already be there.

Message 2 of 8

Thank you. Will try it out. When setting up inventory does it matter whether I am currently exclusively in-person selling as opposed to an online store?

Message 3 of 8
Super Seller

No, that should not matter at all.

Message 4 of 8

Where would I download the Square CSV template??

Message 5 of 8
Alumni

Hi @linsterbee - Once you head to your Item Library, click Import. Both the Modify or Replace options will lead you to the next prompt where it says "Download our template" at the top.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 6 of 8
Alumni

Hey there @Jewels1 - welcome to Square!

@LocavoreStore is right, as long as you are signed into the same account (or location if you are using Multiple Locations), you will be able to access your Item Library from any device. 

Happy selling - definitely let us know if you need anything else. 

Message 7 of 8

Yes, I was able to access my account from two different devices. A bit different on a tablet than on the laptop but as long as I can access it. 

Saturday will be the test to see how everything works out.

Message 8 of 8