x

Set up 2 magstripe readers, both took payments but deposit from only one.

I am new to square.  We have been using a card reader for our market farm from our bank.  This past weekend my wife and I had to split up for separate markets.  I picked up 2 magstripe readers from best buy and set them up and each of our phones (android).  Both took the test payment and said we were ready to go.  Both devices worked flawlessly at the markets.  I checked the totals on both of our phones when we got home.  She did better than me.  Next morning I got a email letting me know what the previous days sales were and it only showed hers.  Checked my phone and now my phone was only showing her sales not mine.  Bank deposit this morning was only her portion.  I cannot find any record of the transactions from my phone.  Next step for me is to get in touch with a couple of my regular customers and see if they were charged.  Any help is appreciated.  I have also left a email with Square.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

The readers are not tied to any account on Square.  What matters is what account are you signed into on your phone, and is it the same account that you are signed into on the other device.    We use up to 5 devices are our farm markets over the past 5 years with no problems.

I would recommend calling Square in the morning rather than emailing because this is a larger issue to figure out where your transactions went into what account.  

https://squareup.com/help/contact

click other

click I don't see my issue

click call support

write down your customer code

call 855-700-6000

Message 2 of 2