x
Alumni

Welcome Wednesday: January 3rd ๐ŸŽ‡

Happy 2018, everyone!

giphy-downsized.gif

2017 seems to have flown by, but weโ€™re excited to welcome the new year and our new Square community members this week.

Weโ€™d love to learn more about your business and if you have any special business plans for 2018 below.

Even if you don't see your name below, please take the time to introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about your business.

@doregan8
@GloriaBrooks
@CP36
@cblisshome
@Guitar1981
@mugz
@ericaduncan
@scissorous
@Styledbym
@ImmersiveSpaces
@candcrentacar
@hbuchwitz
@PopLash
@Lgreer_FM
@Lebuzzlife
@NSCA-Store
@threebroscoffee

• Remember to give out likes for posts โค๏ธ  and mark great responses with "Best Answer". โœ…  Learn more in our community orientation
  • If you have questions or comments about running your business or Square, please post! We'd love to hear what you have to say.   
  • If you have a food or beverage business, weโ€™d love some feedback! Check out this short survey here.  ๐Ÿ‘€

May 2018 be your year and thanks for joining the community!

Katie

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Hello Square community members! ~

A little about me, since I was asked.  I have a Master's in Accounting and my BA in Business. I currently work as a financial analyst out at a major power plant and absolutley love my job. However, many years ago my ex-husband was a well-known builder in our area and I used to stage his model homes. I absolutley loved it and have missed decorating and making homes beautiful and since he now lives in Alaska, well, there goes any chances doing his model homes as of late. About a year ago I re-modeled a family member's home and realized just how much I missed it! So this last summer I opened up a home-decor/home-furnishings boutique.

It has been such an amazing success! I couldn't have imagined it going any better than it already has. I am where most businesses are after 2+ years in business.

My only set-back (if you want to consider it one), is the fact that our little community isa four-seasoned one and therefore considered a resort-oriented community. Meaning; yes, we have more visitors during the warmer months. We do however, maintain during the "winter" months due to the skiers we get when it snows. But for a good 8-9 months out of the year we are fluent with out-of-town visitors and it has made my little slice of heaven a success.

My plans for 2018 are of course to expand. It is a huge building and not all of it is open.... yet!  I did most of the start-up out of my own pocket, a little on my cards but without really knowing how business would go or how long it would take to build up, I certainly did not want to go into a ton of debt. Business 101.... the more working capital you have, obviously the better! We are in our "slower" months and my minimum quota for the day is hardly anything.

I am looking forward to the growth and continued success with the upcoming busy season!! 

Added note: I researched several different options for merchant accounts and Square was my ultimate choice and I have been nothing but happy with their register set up as well as the smooth processing and not to mention the added services such as payroll, inventory tracking, financial analysis tools, and much much more!  

Very happy!

~Paulette Davis

Country Bliss Boutique

& Home Furnishings

Message 2 of 3
Alumni

Thanks for sharing @cblisshome and so great to have you in the community! Also, congrats on opening your business and your success in such a short period of time. How exciting ๐ŸŽ‰

Can't wait to hear more from you in the community as you share your experiences and challenges. Glad you're enjoying Square and please let us know if there's anything we can point in your direction. 

Message 3 of 3