x

Inventory: If I delete items, will my reports continue to track them?

Title modified from original: "If items are deleted will it affect previous reports."

If you delete an item, will it change the reports in the time period in which the item was available.

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hello and great question, 

The items that you delete will still appear in your past reports. 

Deleting them won't change the reports for sales that have already happened e.g. if you sell "Item A" today, then delete that item from your library, "Item A" will still appear in the item sales reports for days that you've sold that item previously. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hello and great question, 

The items that you delete will still appear in your past reports. 

Deleting them won't change the reports for sales that have already happened e.g. if you sell "Item A" today, then delete that item from your library, "Item A" will still appear in the item sales reports for days that you've sold that item previously. 

Message 2 of 11

Will the images of the deleted items continue to appear in history/activity and reports or just the item name?

Message 3 of 11
Admin

Welcome to the community, @Lunaloca — thanks for checking in! 👋🏻

Images of deleted items will continue to appear in the Activity section of your Point of Sale app. Hope this helps clear things up — please let me know if you have any further questions. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 11

If I have deleted items, how can I find out details about them after they have been deleted? I see that I sold 7 but I cannot find how to see more detail on those sales...eg. how much that item was proced at? when those transactions took place, etc. Thank you in advance for any help. M

Message 5 of 11

Hello @MadeInGhent! I'm curious, do you sell imported goods from Belgium? 

You can find the a break down of these 7 item sales. From your Square Dashboard head to Sales> Item Sales> Export Detailed CSV. 

You will find the export option in the top right corner! 🙂

Message 6 of 11

This post was merged from: "Inventory: If I delete items, will my reports continue to track them?"

We are are retail store with tons of different fashion items.  Our list just keeps growing.  If I delete items (that are no longer in stock) will it still track it in my historical data?  Or will it delete it out of of my reports, etc?

Message 7 of 11
Admin

Welcome to the seller community, @platinumtees! It looks like another seller brought this up over here: If items are deleted will it affect previous reports. Have a look at EJ's reply and let us know if that helps clear things up. If any other questions remain, just let us know. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 8 of 11

I have had to recategorize some items as I navigate square's great pos system. However, I would actually like to delete a lot of these items as my list is growing with items I no longer sell.

If I delete these items will it affect any of my reports including the inventory value report which seems to be off every month from the actual inventory detailed report I print for the same period.

Your help is appreciated!

Message 9 of 11
Admin

Hey there @bbutler222

Deleting any items from your inventory won't affect any reporting that you want to pull from past dates when the deleted items were sold! If you delete an item, it'll still be included in previous sales reports. 

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 10 of 11

Thank you Nika! I appreciate your help!

Message 11 of 11