x

USB Barcode Scanner for Apple Devices

I currently use a Socket Mobile 7ci barcode scanner, but have had a ton of issues with it not auto-connecting or having to re-pair it every time I use it. I am wondering if the USB barcode scanners that are compatible with Android devices would work with Apple devices (I would buy a Lightning to USB converter). That way it doesn't rely on Bluetooth, which has been nothing but a huge headache with the Socket 7ci. I would like to use it just like the 7ci barcode scanner, where it automatically adds items to the cart based on their barcode.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @brju2013, really sorry to hear about the trouble with your scanner. You shouldn't have to re-pair it each time you use it. If you haven't given them a try already, these tips usually resolve any scanner-related issue.

If you're still having any trouble after running through those suggestions, please contact our support team directly and let them know the exact make/model of the device you're using. We'll be able to get to the bottom of it from there. 

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 4

We currently own and use a Socket CHS 7Mi with another Ipad POS app, can we use it with Square POS app? 

Message 3 of 4
Square

@ThunderMtn - We don't specifically support this scanner. Having said that, have you had a chance to try it out? 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 4 of 4