x

Address on digital reciepts

I have tried several test transactions and the digital receipts are displaying my personal address even though I'm a mobile business.  I have the location set to mobile, and under receipt settings I have 'display address' turned off.   But on the email receipt, my address is displayed twice - once in the middle with a map, and again in the footer of the receipt.  

How can I avoid this?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller Alumni

Go to Account & Settings / Receipt  Make sure Business location is unchecked.

Message 2 of 5
Alumni

Hey @LVBC - do check your Dashboard like @RHatch recommends here.

If you need more help, let me know. 👍

Message 3 of 5

Thanks @RHatch and @Russell.  In Account & Settings -> Receipt,  the  Show Location box is unchecked.   Also, under Locations, I have the address set to Mobile.

More info.   When I go into my transaction history and click Send Reciept, the resulting reciept is delivered to the email address without listing my home address.  It matches the sample displayed in Account Settings.  So I  checked again and I realized that the email I'm seeing my address on may not be an actual reciept.  Instead its a Confirmation Email.  

Is there a way to customize that and remove the address.  OR is there a way to have that email not send but rather just send the transaction receipt?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
Alumni

@LVBC - sorry for any confusion on this. The confirmation email you receive is for your records only and separate from the receipt your customers receive.

Just to make sure, please make sure to not send customer receipts to your own email address or phone number. Square digital receipts link receipt delivery information with the card used for the purchase so your customers won’t need to enter their email address or phone number when they purchase something from each Square seller.

You can always manage your email notification settings from your Dashboard online. 

Let us know if you need anything else! 😎

Message 5 of 5