x

My Credit Card Account number changed

So I keep getting rewards coupons from a business I sometimes visit. However, the linked credit card number assocaited with this has changed (due to a fraud alert). So is there a functionality available to be able to say, "Hey, I don't have that card number any more, the new card number is XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX!" If not, this is very shortsighted on the part of Square. Otherwise, how do I correct this?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi there!

That's a great question. We recently made some improvements to our rewards system, which ties your rewards to your phone number or email address rather than the payment card. The situation you described is one of the reasons that led to the decision to improve this feature. 

The seller that you visit should be able to redeem the rewards for you without the same payment card. 

Message 2 of 7

Well, excellent. Given that you are being attentive to this, it would bseem to be the next step that users (clients of businesses who use Square) of Square who stay involved with things like Rewards, should have or be offered the ability to edit their information, or even, in the face of every-database-ultimately-gets-hacked, be able to delete all of their information. Becuase, ulitately, large segments  of any population are regularly and/or commonly changing phone number, email, credit card number,e tc. So having the user unable to "own" their information, it will likely evolve to be an impediment to expanding utilization of services such as Square.

Great service; keep evolving.

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for the feedback! We'll continue to try and make things better on both the buyer and seller side!

Message 4 of 7

Dear sr 

Can you send to me my credit card number with my IPN password please because I need it 

Message 5 of 7

عزيزي ريال 

هل يمكن أن ترسل لي رقم بطاقتي الائتمانية بكلمة مرور IPN الخاصة بي من فضلك لأنني أحتاج إليها because i have some money in onthe account and I want to transfer to my country 

Thank you 

Best reagards 

Mohammed Mohammed Giyash 

Emil jayash2000@gmail.com 

Message 6 of 7

عزيزي ريال 

أنا لديّ أموال في حسابي وأريد التحويل إلى بلدي ، هل يمكنني أن أرسل لي رقم بطاقتي الائتمانية بكلمة مرور؟ 

شكرا لكم 

افضل التحيات 

محمد محمد جياش 

إميل jayash2000@gmail.com 

Message 7 of 7