x

Inventory Management and Cash Payment

How do I manage my inventory for customers who paid cash, check and swipping a card for payment.  I can only see that inventory is controlled when you genereate and send an invoice to the customer or purchase an item in the ecommerce site.  Need guidance since I have a lot of customers that pay cash and check and I have no way of knowing to reduce my inventory.  Thank you!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @chicboutique 

When a customer pays in person with cash, check, or card, you can check them out using the Square Point of Sale app. 

When you add an item to the sale within the Point of Sale app and complete the payment, the inventory is automatically reduced on the backend. 

I hope this helps, and let me know if you need anything else 👍🏼

Message 2 of 8

It actually didn't automatically update the inventory after I generate multiple transaction paid in cash and check yesterday. The inventory count still remained the same. 

Message 3 of 8

@chicboutique That sounds strange. I was able to test this on my end and everything seems to be working as normal. When I complete a sale of an item with Inventory Tracking enabled, even when paying with Cash or Other tender, the inventory count is reduced in the Dashboard. 

Did you make sure that the item you're testing has the inventory tracking option turned on? 

Message 4 of 8

Is yours connected to your merchant website? Which auto adjust the inventory when you have sale? Cause seems like that's the only option to turn the inventory tracking on. I may not looking at this the right way. 

It doesn't adjust my inventory when I charge directly to the app. Nor when my customer pay their invoice.  

Message 5 of 8

@chicboutique You'll want to view your inventory in your Square Dashboard. At the moment, managing inventory from the Square app isn’t available

However, if an item with inventory management enabled is sold from the Square app, the current stock count decreases and the new item quantity is reflected in your online Square Dashboard.

Message 6 of 8

My inventory was automatically updated but my cash payment is not showing up in my Reports Summary.

Message 7 of 8

Hey,@courtneyam - I will send you a private message so we can get more details related to your cash payments. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 8 of 8