x

Add items to an Invoice with a Barcode Scanner?

Add items to an Invoice with a Barcode Scanner?

Hi! I have been using POS and scanning my skus in my inventory. My problem is that when creating an invoice to email to someone there doesn’t seem to be a way to scan the products for the invoice. I have to manually go in my inventory and find the product and add it. Now when I am in square for retail I can make a sale for a customer by using the barcode scanner but it wants payment right then and won’t allow me to send that sale as an email for them to pay online. I am using my iPad and the socket 7c.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Creating an invoice to email using barcode scanner

Hello @Historyexpert, welcome to the Seller Community! 

Currently Square Invoices do not have the ability to add items via a barcode scanner. I don't think this feature request is on our road map, but I will make sure to flag this post for the Product Team! 

I've also gone ahead and moved your post to the feature request section of the Seller Community. If you have any questions please let me know! 😄

11 Comments

Hello @Historyexpert, welcome to the Seller Community! 

Currently Square Invoices do not have the ability to add items via a barcode scanner. I don't think this feature request is on our road map, but I will make sure to flag this post for the Product Team! 

I've also gone ahead and moved your post to the feature request section of the Seller Community. If you have any questions please let me know! 😄

Super Seller

We often take orders over the phone for shipment. I can see how this feature would be very useful. 

also I would like the ability when creating an invoice to add items to the list with the sku not just the title of the item.  And also editing the price should be easier when creating an invoice.  When I sell something in quanities of 2 or more I want to be able to edit the total price of each item and have your program do the math as to how much it is each item.  

Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Inventory Management - Can't Search by SKU

@DollarRadioSale I merged this post into this thread where we're tracking interest in being able to add an item to an Invoice using an SKU or barcode scanner.

I see how this would help to calculate price of your items and I'll share your interest with the Invoices team! 

This would be a really really useful feature.

Might it be done by using a vlookup function from a google sheet to auto populate an invoice.

Maybe zapier could do it?

It has been almost 3 years since the original question.  Has this functionality been added yet?

Square Community Moderator

@MiniDivaJewels unfortunately this feature request has not been fulfilled yet. We do not have this on our road map at the moment, but I will continue to send feedback to our developers!

We desperately need this function. Why use sku to sort inventory if it is not functional in check out? This would save us hours of time in my buisness

• Agreed! It takes me FOREVER to manually type in every item. What’s the point of having a sku if I can’t use it to invoice?!

Is there a way to add a line item to an invoice using a barcode scanner? I've looked and can't seem to figure this one out. We've been able to add items to ticket/orders if we use the Retail app, but we also have a heavy usage of the invoices app due to COVID-19.