x

Can I make the app sign on password different than my dashboard password

I have set up employees but the app password is still the same as the dashboard.  I need to have employees open the app so they will need to login before they sign in with their employee number.  Since the dashboard password is the same as the device they will always know how to get into my dashboard.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hello!

There's not currently a way to have a separate Square Account password for the Register app and the Square Dashboard. 

What you can do is assign a Device Code to that specific device that they're using. This would allow them to log in using the Device Code rather than you Square Account Password. 

Message 2 of 6

This is really bad...now that my employees got locked out of the tablet during the Square Outage....I had to give them the password and now they have the password to my dashboard!!! 

Message 3 of 6
Square

Hi @BOONgarden, thanks for bearing with us during the outage. Apologies for the experience! 

You'll want to head to squareup.com/password when you can to update your login credentials. You employee's logins/passcodes should be working now, but if need be, you can reset those from the Employees page. Hope that helps and thanks again.

Message 4 of 6

Are you saying that I can reset my dashboard password and it won't change the password for the POS tablet? I believe that if you reset one, it resets them all. The minute that I changed the password, it logged me out of the app on my phone....

Message 5 of 6
Square

No, the password would reset across your account and devices, @BOONgarden. That's correct that if you've updated your password, all devices are signed out, and you will need to use the new login info to sign back in. I'm not sure how your employees were previously accessing the app, but feel free to give us a call when you can, if you need a hand still!

Message 6 of 6