x

Can I manage multiple businesses using the same storefront and register but different Square accts?

We are opening one large storefront with two separate businesses (and checking accounts) operating in them. We both have separate Square accts but want our customers to be able to check out just once when buying products from both of our different businesses. Along with the single transaction checkout, we want Square to be able to understand which business to credit which sale to and also provide us with separate accounting. Is there a Square POS system that can accommodate this? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

I don't think that's possible with Square currently, and honestly I doubt it's doable with financial transactions in general.

You essentially want to deposit a single transaction into two separate accounts owned by two different businesses. That sounds like such an incredible can of worms I wouldn't be surprised if it was impossible.

I think the best way you might be able to do this is have one business handle it all, but send the appropriate fraction of revenue to the other business as if there was some sort of consignment deal between them or something. Perhaps it'd not be too difficult to figure out if things were easily distinguished by categories. Maybe. 😕

Message 2 of 6

I appreciate the advice! We're trying to brainstorm all the different options of how we could make this work, knowing we might end up having to ring customers up twice. Thanks!  

Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

Antiques,

We are working on a consignment solution inegrated with Square. We've been successfully using if for almost a month. My thoughts are that we might be able to help you out. Our software can track separate inventory for different vendors. This should give you the ability to track sales. If you are interested in talking further so I can understand your needs, let me know. Thanks.

Mike

Message 4 of 6

Hello, 

I'm opening a store and have the same task... where you able to find a solution?

I appreciate your help.

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

I'd take a look at @DaoDeJing's reply above. @Artcol

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6