x

Adding donations to purchase in store

We are a non-profit with a thrift store and are using the Square register for our POS.  Our thrift store is a revenue source for our organization and also connects us with lots of people.  We would like to begin accepting donations at our register and add them onto a person's purchase, but if we do it affects our accounting. 

Is there a way to do this that is cleaner in the books?  Our goal is to not have to process to different payments.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

Great question Jeremy.

I think that a variable priced item named "donation" may be the best option for you. You can create an item and simply leave the price blank. When you add that blank priced item called "donation" to your sale, you will be prompted to enter the amount that your customer is looking to donate. The price you enter will be applied to the current transaction and won't save to your item library.

Message 2 of 6

We would like to use square POS to accept donations also, however we must collect donor information at the same time: Name, email, address, shirt-size, etc.

Can you configure Square's POS to collect a customer's info by having them type it into a screen? Thanks!

Message 3 of 6

I would like this information too.  I need to be able to pull reports on people who donate - name, address, email, etc.  Can someone help on that?

Message 4 of 6

Hello @wdfmmanager and @CASA_Climbers! You might be interested in our Customer Directory!  

The directory allows you to create a profile for a customer and associate it with transactions. That way you know how much each donor contributes! 

If you still have any questions please let me know!  😀

Message 5 of 6

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Having a $1 payment always ready for buskers to accept donations via contactless tap payment." The author has been notified via email.

Hello! I am a musician and I am interested in buying the square, I really need to know if a $1 payment is able to be setup and ready for the next person to tap.

Message 6 of 6