x

How do I track employee sales?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Can I have a user ID requirement per transaction?]

Hello.

I would like to require a user ID to be entered for each transaction so I can track who took the money for each transaction (multiple cashiers - one station).

It is like a copier code. You go to the copier but before you can make a copy you have to enter a 4 digit ID.

Can I do that with Teams?

Can I do that at all?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 269
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @chlp!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

Yes, with Team Management Plus you can track employee sales. They will type in a 4-digit code when taking a sale, so that payment will then be associated with their name. Then you can run reports based on employee, and when you're viewing transactions, you'll be able to see which employee took the sale. 

Here is a bit more information on Team Management Plus and how to subscribe. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 238 of 269
268 REPLIES 268

Need to check status of Square, make sure shipped

Message 2 of 269

I have not received my square reader yet.

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 269
Alumni

Hi @monte79, sorry you haven't received your Square Reader. It typically takes 10 days for the reader to arrive.

To get a reader immediately, your best bet is to visit a retail store. (It's very likely there's one nearby.) The readers are $10, but you'll receive a $10 redemption code.

You could also order another free reader in your online Square Dashboard. You'll get a confirmation email when it's shipped. Hope that helps! If it does, it'd be great if you'd click Author's Choice beneath the response.

Message 4 of 269

You say it takes 10 days but I have now ordered two readers have yet to receive either. My first order was placed on 3/15/16 and again on 3/28/16. There is still no tracking number. So explain why I haven't received the readers yet. It is now going on there weeks since I ordered the first reader. Honestly if this is how you conduct business, I will take mine elsewhere. You cannot tell someone they will have a product in 10 days and 21 days later they still have not received said product.
Message 5 of 269
Alumni

Sorry to hear you haven't received your readers. We work in partnership with package delivery companies to deliver the free readers, which is why they don't come with tracking information. Unfortunately packages are sometimes lost in transit, but rest assured, the readers aren't connected to any account and don't store any account information.

If you need a reader right away, feel free to pick one up at a nearby retail location and redeem the $10 cost if you're new to Square. Otherwise, you can reorder one from your Square Dashboard

Update 2018: Your first magstripe reader is free when you sign up. Extra magstripe readers cost $10 each. 

Message 6 of 269

How long does it take to get a reader delivered? No verification it's been sent, been 10 dys.

Message 7 of 269

What is the price of card readers at retail stores 

Message 8 of 269

I have ordered 3 square readers in the last 3 months and have yet to receive any of them. This is obviously a growing problem as you can see in this thread. I think its time to look into it. Sending us to the store to pay when we are already paying your fees is insulting. Please get back to us on what is going on. 

Message 9 of 269

I have ordered two square readers?  It has been quite awhile since I ordered.  Please let me know when it will come.  thx

Message 10 of 269
Alumni

Hey there @CarynStapp

The free Magstripe readers take around 10 days to arrive by USPS. If you need one sooner, please check out @George's Best Answer above for details on picking one up at a store near you. 

Message 11 of 269

Just got it in the mail!  thx

Message 12 of 269

Hi Russell 

I have the same problem it’s been 2 months abs never received it. There’s no customer service contact or email it’s taken me 20 min to fine this and I don’t know if your answer will go to my messages or I just have to keep this open and wait for a response 

Message 13 of 269

My order says it's being processed but the free marketing sheet to display was shipped.  My account is set up and some of the services I don't need but address, banking info and point of sale is in place for my iPad.  Can you help.  I just ordered another card reader.  Simple Treasures

Message 14 of 269
Alumni

Hi @simpletreasures - thanks for making your first post. 

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received your free Magstripe reader as quickly as expected. Please keep in mind, they can take around 10 days to arrive by USPS. If you need one right away, you can buy one from a store for $10 and if you're new to Square we'll credit your account $10. Find a store using our store locator.

Message 15 of 269

I will try to be patient.  There are features on Point of Sale that I didn't need to use.  I only will be using the square reader for craft fairs.  I linked with bank info so I'm not sure was it is still in a Processing mode since Sept. 1.  

Message 16 of 269
Alumni

@simpletreasures - if you signed up on September 1, 2017, then it makes sense that the free Magstripe reader would still be in the mail. 

Please hang in there - it sounds like it's just on the way.

Message 17 of 269

I paid $49 for the chip reader, not delivered yet, DHL tracking says they can find it

Message 18 of 269

Did you notice their fees are more without a reader? Hmmm

Message 19 of 269

I have no recieved my reader, either and I want to start charging clients ASAP. No tracking #, says it shipped on 12/5/16 and I just reordered but I'm worried it won't arrive in time for 2017. Please check my order!!!

Message 20 of 269
Admin

Hi @LMKbrands, welcome to the seller community!

Sorry to hear about the trouble with your reader. If it's been more than 10 days since you placed your order, it may be delayed due to the holiday season. If you need a reader right away, you can pick one up at a local retailer. In addition, we'll be happy to get you in touch with a team member who can take a closer look at your account. To proceed, you can ask for an order status update by contacting our Support Team directly.

Hope this helps clear things up, and let us know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 21 of 269