x

Split bill in square stand

I am not sure if anyone has same issue with split bill. 

I am running a full dine in restaurant where customers order first and at the end of lunch/dinner they pay the bill. sometime customer will give only one card for the table or split among different bills.

THere was some update which rolled out in square app and the behaviour changes in case of split transactions. 

Before app update:

I used to swipe all the cards and against the transaction it was showing as charge button, after that I used to take the ipad from my square stand and customers were charging and signing. This was completed in one trip. 

After app update

The app is asking to charge and sign for each card and everytime I am visiting hte customer and acquing the sign taking the ipad from my square stand and if there are 5 cards then i am making total of 10 trips. 

Is there any alternative to this issue ? I have tired square reader but most of the times it creating a lot of problem while swipping it. 

I have seen clover devices where they can take device to the table without much hassle. Is square coming up anything like that. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hey @ssfoods, thanks for flagging this and I'm sorry for the cumbersome experience.

At this time, my best suggestion is to keep a free magstripe reader handy for situations where you need to accept multiple payment cards. While I realize that managing additional hardware is not ideal, this portable solution would allow you to complete the sale without having to run back-and-forth.

I thank you for taking the time to bring this up—I will be sharing your post with our Point of Sale team. It sounds like we can do better for your kind of setup. Please do keep in touch for updates.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 3

thanks 

Message 3 of 3