x
Beta Member

Feature Request: Change language of the Square Point of Sale app within app settings

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Change App Language to French

Hello,

I am new to whole Square and POS.

I live in Quebec, Canada. 

Is there a copy of app in French?

By law, you cannot show contents in English only in Quebec. It should be French or English/French, but not English only.

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

you can have the app be in English, Spanish, French, or Japanese.  you can change the language by following the steps in the linked article: Manage Your Device's Language Settings

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

Best Answer

you can have the app be in English, Spanish, French, or Japanese.  you can change the language by following the steps in the linked article: Manage Your Device's Language Settings

Message 2 of 8

The info is good. 

The issue is that I work (and invoice) in different languages, so the idea of having to change my language settings from one to the other is cumbersome. Plus, since I work mainly with my laptop, it asks that I RE-START for every change in language setting.

Message 3 of 8

I have the exact same issue!

Message 4 of 8
Alumni

Hi @Emkay - thanks for chiming in to let us know that it would be useful for you to be able to change the language of the Square Point of Sale app within the app settings.

I hear you - I've moved this thread to the Feature Request board so that we can track it for our product team. If we have an update in regards to this feature request, we will definitely be posting it here.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 8

Hi Valentina, is there any development on this bilingual option?  Thanks!

Message 6 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @acadianheart - thanks for checking in on this one. I can step in for Val, here.

No updates to share on a bilingual option for the App just yet. We will be sure to continue to update this thread as we have more information to share. 

Thanks for your patience!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 8

I have the similar issue but with Square invoices.

Clients in Quebec often just don't understand English.

Why there are no language switcher for people speaking language other than English?

Message 8 of 8