x

Cash drawer does not connect

I ordered my entire system from square. They sent me the Your Square hardware order US-519463053 has shipped

1 ×
16 in. Printer-Driven Cash Drawer
Star Micronics 37965600
SKU: 37965600
Unit price: $109

It doesn't have a USB CABLE, only an ethernet cable that connects to the printer. Called troubleshooting and that woman was completely clueless. She sends me a link for a completely different drawer. So I emailed support and they tell me to contact the manufacturer. 

Are you kidding me? I just paid you almost $1200 for a cash drawer where I have to LEAVE THE KEY IN THE DRAWER and you won't help me at all?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @KimatStoryTime! It sounds like you purchased an ethernet interface cash drawer. 

To setup this cash drawer you will use the ethernet cable to connect to the printer. So no USB cable is needed. Each time a sale or refund is made the cash drawer will pop open.

You can also test the cash drawer from the settings page in your app. Just hit the three horizontal lines or the number at the bottom of your screen. Then head to the Settings and select Cash Drawer. Then tap Test Cash Drawer, it should pop open automatically.

After this you should be all set. 

If you still need help please let me know! 

Message 2 of 6

It doesn't work. At all. We've tried numerous times so now we just leave the key in there for awesome security. 

Message 3 of 6

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble @KimatStoryTime, were you able to connect your cash drawer to a compatible receipt printer? 

Message 4 of 6

Despite being connected, it never kicked open after a completed sale. We called Square and was basically told,"Sorry, it's not our hardware." Which is funny since I bought it from Square one would think it would work with their square stand. It's a really horrid situation we've been unable to resolve. 

Message 5 of 6

We have an article in our Support Center on how to Troubleshoot Your Cash Drawer, but if these steps don't get the Cash Drawer up and running we recommend reaching out to the manufacture. 

APG can troubleshoot the cash drawer further and even start a warranty claim, which is starting to sound more realistic since you've been dealing with this issue for awhile now. I recommend reaching out to the APG Support Team when you get a chance @KimatStoryTime

Message 6 of 6